Regional Boards > Southeast

Georgia

<< < (250/261) > >>

ran4sh:

--- Quote from: Thing 342 on July 04, 2023, 10:24:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: ran4sh on June 27, 2023, 08:56:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: sprjus4 on June 25, 2023, 06:17:21 AM ---In any case, wouldn’t it be easier to open any other E-ZPass account is surrounding states to get around this issue, until hard case is offered?

--- End quote ---

Well there's no confirmation that hard case is ever going to be offered by Peach Pass. The website says that the interoperability is coming soon for the rest of the E-ZPass region, without specifying how it is going to happen.

--- End quote ---
My understanding is that this will be accomplished via the individual EZ-Pass IAG members adding multi-protocol RFID tag readers that support SeGo and 6C in addition to the original TDM protocol as part of their regular equipment upgrades at their toll collection facilities. Interoperability with the IAG will need to be enabled on a per-agency basis because it requires the home agency (the issuer of the tags, so PeachPass in this instance) to accept the IAG's standardized transaction control format into their billing systems.

I have not seen any indication that GDOT will be installing any TDM readers on its facilities so I am left to assume there will not be any reciprocity with the IAG. My advice to Georgia residents who regularly drive in EZ-Pass territory is to get an NC Quick Pass hard-case transponder (or a FLEX model, which I have) that supports all three protocols and will work along the entire East Coast without potential compatiblity shenanigans.

--- End quote ---

I'm confused, what's the point of the IAG allowing Georgia to join (which occurred administratively in 2021) if the IAG/E-ZPass doesn't eventually achieve full interoperability with GA/Peach Pass ?

lordsutch:

--- Quote from: Thing 342 on July 04, 2023, 10:24:00 AM ---I have not seen any indication that GDOT will be installing any TDM readers on its facilities so I am left to assume there will not be any reciprocity with the IAG. My advice to Georgia residents who regularly drive in EZ-Pass territory is to get an NC Quick Pass hard-case transponder (or a FLEX model, which I have) that supports all three protocols and will work along the entire East Coast without potential compatiblity shenanigans.

--- End quote ---

I expect that GDOT will rely on plate matching for passenger cars from E-ZPass states; there can't be that many people using tags from that far afield on GDOT's toll facilities, which all ban trucks and are geared toward peak commuter traffic. Unlike Florida and NC, there are no active plans or even thoughts I'm aware of to build true toll roads or the like that would attract out-of-state traffic, for better or worse.

MASTERNC:
NY E-ZPass now says E-ZPass is accepted in Georgia.  Guessing going the other direction is taking some time.

Tomahawkin:
Went 2 The Rotten Apple 2 weeks ago. My Peachpass was tolled up there, Hence the 60 dollars I paid on tolls Im certain that EZ Pass is accepted in Florida?

ran4sh:
Has anyone else noticed that the 511GA site now shows mile markers on the map, and in the case of state routes, the mileage doesn't reset at county lines? Maybe Georgia will start to change the actual mile markers posted

https://511ga.org/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version