Sign blades shaped like the Sesame Street sign

Started by bandit957, October 11, 2017, 03:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Do these really exist? The Sesame Street sign has a very prominent, rounded hump on top. Most cities either have nothing like this or just a small rectangle with the address number (sometimes detached from the rest of the sign). Never a large, rounded hump.

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

freebrickproductions

It appears that the Sesame Street sign was based off of a hump-back sign, like what's was found in NYC at the time.

SM-G900V

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

roadman

Quote from: freebrickproductions on October 11, 2017, 04:04:06 PM
It appears that the Sesame Street sign was based off of a hump-back sign, like what's was found in NYC at the time.

SM-G900V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiT1lY6Hzeg

Look in the upper left of the screen at 1:14 (i know, it's horrible resolution and - gasp - colorized).
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

mapman1071

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.