TxDOT proposes elevated HOV lanes along south I-35 near SH 71

Started by longhorn, December 03, 2020, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

https://www.kxan.com/traffic/txdot-proposes-elevated-hov-lanes-along-south-i-35-near-sh-71/

"AUSTIN (KXAN) – TxDOT is looking to improve a busy section of Interstate 35 to make more room for drivers.

Officials are proposing changes to the south Austin section of the congested highway from State Highway 71 and Ben White Boulevard to State Highway 45 Southeast near Buda.

It's part of the transportation agency's I-35 Capital Express Program. Thursday, transportation officials will launch a virtual presentation to hear from the public.

TxDOT officials are proposing high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes stretching along the entire section. Only vehicles with two or more people will be allowed to drive on them. TxDOT would elevate the HOV lanes between a section of SH 71 and Slaughter Lane. This way, they will have space to build a southbound I-35 intersection bypass lane at Stassney Lane and William Cannon Drive. The bypass lane will allow drivers to skip the light."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.