Regional Boards > Northeast

Full NYC Skyline view from a road

<< < (2/5) > >>

Conn_Roadgeek:
Whitestone Bridge southbound.

jeffandnicole:
Should I be the guy to point out you're not actually seeing the Toronto Skyline from the QEW, but rather from a vantage point slightly above the highway?  If you were actually on the highway, chances are those trees, buildings and poles will obstruct some of the view.

And while the skyline is impressive, it's about 10 miles in length, and that's being generous.  Certainly nowhere near 20 miles.

For NYC, it's hard getting a view of a long line of highrises, as because between Lower Manhattan and Midtown Manhattan, there aren't really many distinctive highrises that create an impressive linear view of a skyline.  Sure, seemingly every building for blocks are 10, 20 stories tall, but when viewed from a distance, it just looks like a wall.

empirestate:
The Lincoln Tunnel helix is the first spot that came to my mind:
https://goo.gl/maps/5Mp752qS3gqFsVh29

Alps:
Pulaski Skyway, from the elevated but not inside-the-truss portion(s).

Rothman:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 10, 2021, 10:40:34 PM ---Should I be the guy to point out you're not actually seeing the Toronto Skyline from the QEW, but rather from a vantage point slightly above the highway?  If you were actually on the highway, chances are those trees, buildings and poles will obstruct some of the view.

And while the skyline is impressive, it's about 10 miles in length, and that's being generous.  Certainly nowhere near 20 miles.

For NYC, it's hard getting a view of a long line of highrises, as because between Lower Manhattan and Midtown Manhattan, there aren't really many distinctive highrises that create an impressive linear view of a skyline.  Sure, seemingly every building for blocks are 10, 20 stories tall, but when viewed from a distance, it just looks like a wall.

--- End quote ---
I was on the QEW a couple of weeks ago and saw the skyline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version