AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: I-95/Penna Turnpike Interchange  (Read 542565 times)

BrianP

• Last Login: May 19, 2022, 11:48:02 AM
Re: I-95/Penna Turnpike Interchange
« Reply #2900 on: November 24, 2021, 11:35:55 AM »

I feel like the odds the rest of this interchange gets completed in my lifetime are relatively low...
https://www.patpconstruction.com/paturnpikei95/section-d40.aspx
"Construction planned when funding is identified"... translation: "we really don't care about the rest of this."
Not surprising at all.  The other movements are possible just not as directly.  And they're not nearly as important.

The only question is which is lower on their list: this or Breezewood?  :-D

famartin

• Last Login: Today at 04:24:00 PM
« Reply #2901 on: November 24, 2021, 11:50:31 AM »

I'd rank the ramp pair importance from most to least in this way (only including the incomplete ones):

I-95 SB->I-295 EB and I-295 WB->I-95 NB
I-276 EB->I-95 SB and I-95 NB->I-276 WB
I-295 WB->I-276 WB and I-276 EB->I-295 EB

This is just based on how easy it is to make those movements presently without said ramps.

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: Today at 05:17:02 PM
« Reply #2902 on: November 24, 2021, 01:49:41 PM »

I feel like the odds the rest of this interchange gets completed in my lifetime are relatively low...
"Construction planned when funding is identified"... translation: "we really don't care about the rest of this."
Not surprising at all.  The other movements are possible just not as directly.  And they're not nearly as important.

Breezewood isn't even on a list.

And technically, it's not a PTC problem. The PTC has an interchange. PennDOT has the traffic lights. PennDOT would need to work with the PTC to develop a revised interchange. Neither agency really cares.

bluecountry

• Last Login: Today at 01:28:01 AM
« Reply #2903 on: December 19, 2021, 11:28:06 PM »

That's crazy.
It really needs to have it where:
   95 SB connects to 295 EB
   295 WB connects to 95 NB
   295 WB connects to 276
   276 EB connects to 295 WB

Promptly

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 11:02:18 AM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #2904 on: December 20, 2021, 02:15:27 PM »

That's crazy.
   95 SB connects to 295 EB
   295 WB connects to 95 NB
   295 WB connects to 276

Promptly
Your opinions belong in Fictional Highways. You have already been warned for the NJ Turnpike - don't add to it here.

famartin

« Reply #2905 on: December 20, 2021, 02:36:40 PM »

That's crazy.
   95 SB connects to 295 EB
   295 WB connects to 95 NB
   295 WB connects to 276

Promptly
Your opinions belong in Fictional Highways. You have already been warned for the NJ Turnpike - don't add to it here.

He’s a bit of a pest, sure, and his opinion isn’t really valid here either, for sure… but fictional highways? These ARE planned connections… just not any time soon, apparently.

SignBridge

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 09:57:34 PM
« Reply #2906 on: December 20, 2021, 07:50:49 PM »

Seems to me those ramps are valid for a discussion of this interchange that they are planned to be a part of. Why wouldn't they be?

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 11:02:18 AM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #2907 on: December 21, 2021, 03:30:08 PM »

Seems to me those ramps are valid for a discussion of this interchange that they are planned to be a part of. Why wouldn't they be?
The actual ramps are. Opinions such as "promptly" are not useful and this poster's history is expressing opinions instead of facts. I'd like to avoid a meta-discussion...

SignBridge

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 09:57:34 PM
« Reply #2908 on: December 21, 2021, 08:42:23 PM »

LOL The words promptly and Pennsylvania Turnpike don't normally occur in the same sentence. LOL

bluecountry

« Reply #2909 on: December 25, 2021, 08:19:54 PM »

The actual ramps are. Opinions such as "promptly" are not useful and this poster's history is expressing opinions instead of facts. I'd like to avoid a meta-discussion...
Now you are splitting hairs and being really tickey tackey.

It is bad enough I-295 does not connect with I-95 in NJ in Burlington County.
To have no connection from I-295 to its parent highway I-95 in PA aside from NB 95 to WB 295 is outrageous.

famartin

« Reply #2910 on: December 25, 2021, 08:22:01 PM »

To have no connection from I-295 to its parent highway I-95 in PA aside from NB 95 to WB 295 is outrageous.

In a state where Breezewood is accepted, the I-95/I-295/I-276 situation is not outrageous.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

• Your roadmeet didn't happen, if I was not there.

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 02:02:53 PM
    • 20th Century roadfan material
« Reply #2911 on: December 25, 2021, 11:07:35 PM »

In a state where Breezewood is accepted, the I-95/I-295/I-276 situation is not outrageous.
[/quote]

You don't really know the interstate system of the U.S. of A, do you.
Less important than dead cats.

jeffandnicole

« Reply #2912 on: December 25, 2021, 11:39:47 PM »

Well, it did only became its parent a few years ago.

famartin

« Reply #2913 on: December 26, 2021, 09:46:25 AM »

I wasn't talking about the USA, I was talking about Pennsylvania. In a state (PENNSYLVANIA) where its STILL perfectly acceptable for a mainline Interstate to follow a surface road to connect two separate portions of itself, then a partial interstate-interstate interchange is hardly shocking or outrageous.

bzakharin

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 04:44:25 PM
« Reply #2914 on: December 26, 2021, 06:04:57 PM »

Maybe not, but couldn't they at least have official routes (TO North 95 or whatever) posted? At least Breezewood makes the I-70 routing clear.

famartin

« Reply #2915 on: December 26, 2021, 06:13:55 PM »

Maybe not, but couldn't they at least have official routes (TO North 95 or whatever) posted? At least Breezewood makes the I-70 routing clear.

Well... there are a few signs.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1502809,-74.8984529,3a,75y,164.68h,80.59t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sHdngVZANgwN-lKnColiKQA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1331268,-74.9773168,3a,75y,107.31h,87.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sf-Oyj56bF0lIboEqPl1r7g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I guess they figure that if you are heading for I-295 east, you are already going to take Exit 351 anyway. But this is on the exit ramps
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1326101,-74.967696,3a,75y,96.93h,87.48t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTV0Vgn-nXLt4byzV704Bqw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

jeffandnicole

« Reply #2916 on: December 26, 2021, 06:17:39 PM »

Most people on 295 that go over the NJ Turnpike Extension don't realize they are doing so. But for those that do, and want to access it, the next exit Northbound is signed for I-95. Going SB, 2 exits south is signed to get to the NJ Tpk, which connects into it. Depending on their ultimate destination, there's probably numerous better options than to reverse course at that point.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

• Your roadmeet didn't happen, if I was not there.

• Last Login: May 20, 2022, 02:02:53 PM
    • 20th Century roadfan material
« Reply #2917 on: December 27, 2021, 01:52:07 AM »

I wasn't talking about the USA, I was talking about Pennsylvania. In a state (PENNSYLVANIA) where its STILL perfectly acceptable for a mainline Interstate to follow a surface road to connect two separate portions of itself, then a partial interstate-interstate interchange is hardly shocking or outrageous.

My quote attribution got mangled. I meant my sarcasm towards BlueCountry, not you Famartin.
Less important than dead cats.

roadman65

• Last Login: Today at 08:54:04 AM
« Reply #2918 on: December 27, 2021, 09:26:39 AM »

Look at the bright side. I-95 is now seam less all its way from Miami to Canada. So it takes another life time to get the other movements done. Be happy with what we have.

The PTC and PennDOT will always move like molasses, nothing new.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bluecountry

« Reply #2919 on: December 27, 2021, 11:17:35 PM »

Most people on 295 that go over the NJ Turnpike Extension don't realize they are doing so. But for those that do, and want to access it, the next exit Northbound is signed for I-95. Going SB, 2 exits south is signed to get to the NJ Tpk, which connects into it. Depending on their ultimate destination, there's probably numerous better options than to reverse course at that point.
That is absurd since unlike Breezewood, 95/295 basically 'should' function as a beltway for METRO Philly.

DeaconG

• Last Login: Today at 05:14:02 PM
« Reply #2920 on: February 03, 2022, 02:48:07 PM »

That is absurd since unlike Breezewood, 95/295 basically 'should' function as a beltway for METRO Philly.
If you want a route that should be a beltway of metro Philly, I-295/I-276/I-476/I-95 will work much better.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

famartin

« Reply #2921 on: February 03, 2022, 03:28:49 PM »

If you want a route that should be a beltway of metro Philly, I-295/I-276/I-476/I-95 will work much better.

This is the closest you'll get today, or probably ever.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.0592996,-75.3264718/40.0858012,-74.7417523/39.7154172,-75.5739491/40.0592318,-75.3267487/@39.9167714,-75.2757079,10.87z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

ixnay

• Last Login: May 19, 2022, 08:31:41 PM
« Reply #2922 on: February 03, 2022, 06:33:35 PM »

This is the closest you'll get today, or probably ever.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.0592996,-75.3264718/40.0858012,-74.7417523/39.7154172,-75.5739491/40.0592318,-75.3267487/@39.9167714,-75.2757079,10.87z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

That's about as long as the M25/A282 circling London, maybe longer.  About the length of two Washington Beltways.
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

Rothman

• Last Login: Today at 03:23:16 PM
« Reply #2923 on: February 03, 2022, 09:49:08 PM »

Well, this thread has gone to pot.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.