News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Roadgeek Memes

Started by cl94, December 05, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 11, 2020, 03:42:09 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 11, 2020, 01:23:04 PM
Caltrans be like:

More like the California Legislature and it's opinion that; state, US Route, and Interstate Highways are the same thing.

One of the drawbacks of term limits -- no one sticks around long enough to learn jack shit about such matters -- or how not to misinterpret arcane state regulations.  They're too busy trying to figure out what their next official capacity will be once their three-and-out is up! 

Roadsguy

PennDOT added some information on the future of the 95revive project beyond the Girard-Cottman section... sort of.

Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

STLmapboy

Caltrans be like:

green by Samuel Cox, on Flickr
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

Michael

I just saw this meme about the I-81/NY 17 interchange on Facebook.  When I saw the post, I instantly thought of this thread.  I'm too lazy to rehost the image, but it should be visible without having to login.

Ben114

Quote from: Michael on June 18, 2020, 04:44:04 PM
I just saw this meme about the I-81/NY 17 interchange on Facebook.  When I saw the post, I instantly thought of this thread.  I'm too lazy to rehost the image, but it should be visible without having to login.

It's visible to everyone.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jakeroot

Quote from: SSOWorld on June 18, 2020, 06:24:24 PM
https://www.facebook.com/texashumor/photos/a.290749094308898/3256322874418157/?type=3&theater

Because Texas.

Funny, although even funnier is that the photoshopped image, I believe, is the interchange where the 110 and 105 freeways meet in LA.

The photoshopped image is quite prolific at this point, but I guess my roadgeek humour would have appreciated a photoshopped Texas interchange. Kind of a deep-cut meme at that point, I guess.

plain

Facts.

moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL)

Newark born, Richmond bred

Roadsguy

Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

NE2

I have a Thomas Bros. street atlas and a street guide (a pocket version of the street atlas) of San Francisco, both dated 1953. Despite the many accolades given to them about their cartographic prowness, I have found several omissions on these maps: the Stanley St. extension (built 1952); the Alemaney St. overcrossing to Junipero Serra Blvd. (map pg.14); Pier 50 (Mission Rock) extension (completed 1950); and the cojoining of Piers 30 & 32 (built 1951). I realize this is a site about highways/freeways, but it pays to cross reference with different maps, as they can contradict each other even though they may be of the same area and date.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hotdogPi

Quote from: NE2 on September 10, 2020, 04:54:45 PM
I have a Thomas Bros. street atlas and a street guide (a pocket version of the street atlas) of San Francisco, both dated 1953. Despite the many accolades given to them about their cartographic prowness, I have found several omissions on these maps: the Stanley St. extension (built 1952); the Alemaney St. overcrossing to Junipero Serra Blvd. (map pg.14); Pier 50 (Mission Rock) extension (completed 1950); and the cojoining of Piers 30 & 32 (built 1951). I realize this is a site about highways/freeways, but it pays to cross reference with different maps, as they can contradict each other even though they may be of the same area and date.

Unless this is a copypasta I'm not aware of, you're in the wrong thread.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13,44,50
MA 22,40,107,109,117,119,126,141,159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; UK A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; FR95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New: MA 14, 123

Roadsguy

Quote from: 1 on September 10, 2020, 04:59:41 PM
Quote from: NE2 on September 10, 2020, 04:54:45 PM

Unless this is a copypasta I'm not aware of, you're in the wrong thread.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Thomas Bros. street atlas–

planxtymcgillicuddy

It's easy to be easy when you're easy...

Quote from: on_wisconsin on November 27, 2021, 02:39:12 PM
Whats a Limon, and does it go well with gin?

jmd41280

Those who have driven the Fort Pitt Bridge outbound in Pittsburgh will relate to this...

1-39 by Jon Dawson, on Flickr
"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

formulanone

Michael

I saw this last night on r/Syracuse and thought of this thread:

mrsman

Quote from: planxtymcgillicuddy on September 16, 2020, 07:28:25 PM
A real-life game of Frogger on I-277 in Charlotte

Not being terribly familiar with Charlotte, I looked this up in GSV.  For those like me who don't understand, just before this exit is an interchange between I-277 and US 74, another freeway.  Two lanes of I-277 from the left merge in with two lanes of US 74 from the right.  If you are coming from I-277, and you want the 12th street exit, you have very little room to make two lane changes.

STLmapboy

Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

D-Dey65

Oh, I've got a good one. Long Islanders know this more than anyone else:

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

thspfc

Quote from: SSOWorld on October 18, 2020, 10:20:38 AM

Better add the AARoads logo

null edit: I meant to quote, sorry -sso

SSOWorld

This is the best practice out there for a certain Facebook group that insists on it.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

SSOWorld

Quote from: thspfc on October 18, 2020, 10:36:05 AM
Quote from: SSOWorld on October 18, 2020, 10:20:38 AM

Better add the AARoads logo

null edit: I meant to quote, sorry -sso
Must be neutral.  (Said with hypocritical humor)
Scott O.

Raise your what?

formulanone

While we're at it, here's the "expansion pack" items:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.