AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vermont  (Read 151661 times)

shadyjay

• Last Login: Today at 10:52:35 AM

froggie

• Last Login: Today at 12:13:08 AM
    • Froggie's Place
Re: Vermont
« Reply #551 on: October 20, 2021, 11:13:17 PM »

Probably the only one of its kind.  Fairly certain the jughandles on 2 between 89 and the lake are not signed as such.  I know the jughandles on 15 near Camp Johnson aren't...

Dougtone

• I'm Doug and I approve this message.

• Last Login: May 12, 2022, 09:17:11 PM
    • Gribblenation
« Reply #552 on: November 05, 2021, 01:45:30 PM »

The Brookfield Floating Bridge on VT 65 closes for the season today, so I decided to write a blog article about the history of the floating bridge.

http://www.gribblenation.org/2021/11/brookfield-floating-bridge-vermont.html

froggie

• Froggie's Place
« Reply #553 on: April 26, 2022, 10:58:30 PM »

WPTZ is reporting that the Champlain Parkway will begin construction in July.  The Burlington City Council unanimously approved construction in their meeting yesterday.  As noted elsewhere in the forum, the project will utilize and extend the abandoned I-189 spur west of US 7 up to Lakeshore Ave as a 2-lane parkway.  The project also includes reconstruction of Lakeshore Ave and Pine St.  The first phase (the spur extension) is expected to be completed in 2024 with the entire project completed in 2027.

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 12:11:15 AM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #554 on: April 26, 2022, 11:49:42 PM »

WPTZ is reporting that the Champlain Parkway will begin construction in July.  The Burlington City Council unanimously approved construction in their meeting yesterday.  As noted elsewhere in the forum, the project will utilize and extend the abandoned I-189 spur west of US 7 up to Lakeshore Ave as a 2-lane parkway.  The project also includes reconstruction of Lakeshore Ave and Pine St.  The first phase (the spur extension) is expected to be completed in 2024 with the entire project completed in 2027.

Dear roadgeeks, walk it now.

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 12:11:15 AM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #555 on: April 26, 2022, 11:51:19 PM »

But also, if it's supposed to connect the South End to downtown, why isn't the 2nd phase going to extend it...? No one's written what's in each phase

froggie

• Froggie's Place
« Reply #556 on: April 27, 2022, 12:43:47 AM »

It's on the project website.  First phase is extending the spur up to Lakeshore Ave.  Second phase is reconstructing Pine St between Lakeshore and downtown (Main St).  The spur itself will not extend beyond Lakeshore Ave.

BlueOutback7

• Wicked Good Clam Chowdah!

• Last Login: Today at 11:48:38 AM
« Reply #557 on: April 27, 2022, 06:38:43 AM »

So how will this reach downtown without demolishing buildings? There’s an athletics center and a city market in the way. I’m guessing that this will face opposition from the residents there once again?
"I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.”

Sheldon Cooper - The Big Bang Theory

My Flickr Page
https://www.flickr.com/photos/195026169@N03/

froggie

• Froggie's Place
« Reply #558 on: April 27, 2022, 09:11:08 AM »

It's not reaching downtown, not as a separate route anyway...there's a Superfund site with significant soil contamination between Lakeshore Ave and the rail yard (the former Pine Street Barge Canal).  Pine St will be used to get downtown, hence why Pine St reconstruction is part of the project.

froggie

• Froggie's Place
« Reply #559 on: April 27, 2022, 09:20:47 AM »

Meanwhile, VTrans posted on Facebook that the VT 65 Floating Bridge in Brookfield is back open for the season.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.