News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

General NBA thread

Started by Roadgeekteen, December 27, 2018, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Celtics lost. Spoiled Brown's great day.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JayhawkCO

And my Nugs got some vengeance against the Suns.  Shocking what happens when you actually have some healthy guards.

Chris

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jayhawkco on October 21, 2021, 12:40:18 PM
And my Nugs got some vengeance against the Suns.  Shocking what happens when you actually have some healthy guards.

Chris
Nuggets gonna be scary when Jamal Murry comes back.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 21, 2021, 02:49:28 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on October 21, 2021, 12:40:18 PM

Chris
Nuggets gonna be scary when Jamal Murry comes back.

Yeah.  Not a lot of people have a four headed monster like Jokic, Murray, MPJ, and Aaron Gordon.

Chris

plain

Guess what everyone?

Draymond Green just took a knee to the n×ts!
EDIT: he's ok now, but still..
Newark born, Richmond bred

ET21

Hey look, Bulls aren't hot garbage so far. In fact, they are fun to watch!!
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Henry

Quote from: ET21 on November 04, 2021, 05:49:39 PM
Hey look, Bulls aren't hot garbage so far. In fact, they are fun to watch!!
I concur! Hoping they get that elusive seventh ring sooner than later... :)
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

CoreySamson

The Rockets went from absolutely disastrous to the hottest team in the NBA over the past couple weeks. After starting 1-16, they've rattled off 7 straight wins. They are the only team in NBA history to have a 15 game losing streak and a 7 game winning streak in the same season (let alone back-to-back). And remarkably, they are only 4 games behind for a potential playoff spot in a weak Western conference. I don't usually care for basketball, but this Rockets team looks like it could make some noise in a couple years.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Roadgeekteen

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Alps

Billy F 1988

If any Brooklyn Nets player gets caught with the COVID omicron virus and had close contact with Kyrie, it will fall on Kyrie, not the GM, the president, ownership group, the fans, or broadcasters. If he wishes to continue this anti-vax charade, good for him. Keep him out of Barclay Center for the rest of the NBA season and put him on the trade block. Brooklyn has enough headaches already on their own. They didn't need him in preseason, they don't need him now. Though, they got their backs against the wall with three more players contracting this stupid ass COVID bug. So, good luck not contracting the bug from a petty no-vax-for-me goober, Nets fans, and to coach Steve Nash.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

DeaconG

OMG, the Orlando Magic won 3 games out of 4...oh...they're spoiling the tank...MY HEART! AGGHHH!
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

ET21

Bulls are so injured but still doing good. This team has been great to watch
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Henry

Quote from: ET21 on February 07, 2022, 05:08:35 PM
Bulls are so injured but still doing good. This team has been great to watch
Too bad I missed out on watching them in person during their two championship runs in the 90s, but it's fun seeing them play well again. And that's something I haven't said about Chicago since 2011, when they were the top seed in the East and lost to Miami in the conference finals.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on October 19, 2021, 07:29:14 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on October 19, 2021, 10:53:07 AM
Quote from: webny99 on October 19, 2021, 10:44:04 AM
I guess this is more or less the official NBA thread on this forum, so I'll drop FiveThirtyEight's 2021-22 NBA predictions here:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-nba-predictions/

I understand why they use ELO ratings, but they are based too much on previous years.

Underrated: Nuggets, Warriors, Lakers, Heat
Overrated: Clippers, Celtics, Timberwolves

On that note, I haven't listened to this week's sports podcast from FiveThirtyEight yet, but there's presumably some discussion of your point, given that it's titled Why Our Model (Still) Hates The Lakers  :D

Maybe the model was right to be skeptical of the Lakers after all. They were officially eliminated last night, with the Suns ending their season for the 2nd year in a row.

JayhawkCO

I had some hits and misses.

Hits:
Warriors, Heat, Clippers

Misses:
Lakers, Celtics, Timberwolves

Neutral:
Nuggets

Injuries obviously play quite a role in all of it, but the Lakers just suck minus LeBron who actually played great this year.

Roadgeekteen

As the Celtics rose the Lakers crashed and burned  :bigass:

webny99

Roadgeekteen

Celtics will be the 2 seed in the playoffs, very happy with the turnaround.

jgb191

For the second year in a row, my Houston Rockets are guaranteed to get one of the top four picks in the NBA Draft Lottery next month.  Also now would be a good time to consider getting Frank Vogel to try to steer our ship in a better direction.  Kenny Smith would also make a good coach in the NBA.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jgb191 on April 12, 2022, 01:38:27 AM
For the second year in a row, my Houston Rockets are guaranteed to get one of the top four picks in the NBA Draft Lottery next month.  Also now would be a good time to consider getting Frank Vogel to try to steer our ship in a better direction.  Kenny Smith would also make a good coach in the NBA.
Is Stephen Silas not a good coach?

jgb191

^  Not saying we need to get rid of Stephen (maybe move him down to assistant coach), just that now would be a good time to consider someone else as head coach.  But also let's see who we pick up in the draft; the Rockets will need to upgrade just about everywhere, talentwise and healthwise.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jgb191 on April 12, 2022, 12:42:12 PM
^  Not saying we need to get rid of Stephen (maybe move him down to assistant coach), just that now would be a good time to consider someone else as head coach.  But also let's see who we pick up in the draft; the Rockets will need to upgrade just about everywhere, talentwise and healthwise.
Has any head coach ever been demoted? Doesn't seem like it would work.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 12, 2022, 01:13:41 PM
Quote from: jgb191 on April 12, 2022, 12:42:12 PM
Has any head coach ever been demoted? Doesn't seem like it would work.

They're not making Alvin Gentry the permanent coach of the Kings, but offering him a job instead in the front office, per reports. That's about the closest I can think of.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.