News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Why can't people get this intersection right?

Started by Crash_It, November 14, 2020, 05:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: Crash_It on November 14, 2020, 05:37:37 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 14, 2020, 05:31:53 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on November 14, 2020, 05:29:19 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 14, 2020, 05:24:24 PM
Nice disclaimer about how your honking the horn constantly and driving aggressively is somehow legit.

That's not what this thread is about... it's about people screwing up at a very simple intersection.

Well, don't put out videos being critical of others if you can't handle people being critical of you then.

It's still not what this thread is about. If you want to be critical comment on the actual video. These are valid horn honks.

The right to limit posts of a certain type on a thread, or to direct someone not to post/post elsewhere, is reserved by the mod staff. A member does not have the right to limit debate on a subject or exclude posters from a thread by virtue of being the person to start the thread.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

vdeane

Quote from: jeffandnicole on November 14, 2020, 07:50:06 PM
When Crash_it goes actual speeds, his music in his car is playing, he talks, and you hear the dashcam 'beep beep'.
Is that what the thing that sounds like and old style telephone is?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

fillup420

am i the only one here who just wants to know what happened in court...?

Crash_It

Quote from: fillup420 on November 15, 2020, 07:30:08 AM
am i the only one here who just wants to know what happened in court...?

It got a continuance. The matter will be resolved permanently this coming Friday or even tomorrow if I catch the zoom meeting.

renegade

Thought I'd leave this here ...

From the Illinois Vehicle Code:

Sec. 12-601. Horns and warning devices.
    (a) Every motor vehicle when operated upon a highway shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonable loud or harsh sound or a whistle. The driver of a motor vehicle shall when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation give audible warning with his horn but shall not otherwise use such horn when upon a highway.

(emphasis added)

:popcorn:
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Crash_It

Quote from: renegade on November 15, 2020, 01:06:24 PM

(a) Every motor vehicle when operated upon a highway shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonable loud or harsh sound or a whistle. The driver of a motor vehicle shall when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation give audible warning with his horn but shall not otherwise use such horn when upon a highway.

(emphasis added)

And that's what I do. If I feel my safety is compromised by the actions of another driver... I use it.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Crash_It on November 15, 2020, 02:23:54 PM

(emphasis added)

And that's what I do. If I feel my safety is compromised by the actions of another driver... I use it.

How was your safety compromised by a guy pulling slowly away at a drive thru window? Afraid he was looking at his food and his gear shifter would pop into reverse?

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: jeffandnicole on November 15, 2020, 02:38:05 PM

(emphasis added)

How was your safety compromised by a guy pulling slowly away at a drive thru window? Afraid he was looking at his food and his gear shifter would pop into reverse?

That 20 second delay in getting his food increased the risk of e.coli
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Max Rockatansky

(emphasis added)

Maybe you shouldn't drive if you can't control your anger and focus on the road.  Your actions have zero to do with "reasonableness" or "safety."

Crash_It

(emphasis added)

That's a completely different video from a different thread. Are you going to be on topic or not?

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 15, 2020, 02:51:12 PM

(emphasis added)

Maybe you shouldn't drive if you can't control your anger and focus on the road.  Your actions have zero to do with "reasonableness" or "safety."

So you're completely fine with a driver being stopped in an active lane? This has nothing to do with anger

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on November 15, 2020, 06:59:43 PM

(emphasis added)

So you're completely fine with a driver being stopped in an active lane? This has nothing to do with anger

I'm more fine with how the overwhelming majority others drive compared to what you demonstrate.  You often drive like a jerk and you frequency display a tendency towards road rage. 

Also, you dodged my question in the last thread.   What makes you authority to judge anyone's driving ability?  You clearly don't understand the things you do wrong which raises the question about what your actual qualifications are. 

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 14, 2020, 05:24:24 PM
Nice disclaimer about how your honking the horn constantly and driving aggressively is somehow legit.
Yeah drivers like this guy are fucking assholes and IMO the road driving experience is made worse by people like this who drive aggressively and honk their horn every five seconds than the general incompetent driver who usually is a small annoyance but easy to avoid and forget about.

Plutonic Panda

(emphasis added)

one day you're going to fuck with the wrong motherfucker and your stupid prisky logic being Uber technical won't help you.

You are an asshole. No other way to put it. Somehow the majority of other drivers find a way to not find themselves in these situations except yourself. No amount of "˜well here's this traffic violation code' changes that fact and I'd bet a much larger group of people agree with that than those that would agree with you.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Crash_It on November 15, 2020, 06:58:25 PM

(emphasis added)

That's a completely different video from a different thread. Are you going to be on topic or not?

Topics shift.  You are completely avoiding the question, because you know you weren't in any danger.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: jeffandnicole on November 15, 2020, 10:55:29 PM

(emphasis added)

Topics shift.  You are completely avoiding the question, because you know you weren't in any danger.
I have to wonder if this person is legitimately trolling or if they genuinely believe the crap they're spewing. I know at least one dash cammer in OKC I've seen on YouTube who post videos in similar vein to this guy but not nearly as bad. I just can't imagine driving like this.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on November 15, 2020, 11:00:15 PM

(emphasis added)

I have to wonder if this person is legitimately trolling or if they genuinely believe the crap they're spewing. I know at least one dash cammer in OKC I've seen on YouTube who post videos in similar vein to this guy but not nearly as bad. I just can't imagine driving like this.

Considering how many videos are on the OPs channel I think it's the latter.  The former did cross my mind though given there are a lot of FritzOwl-like responses. 

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 15, 2020, 11:34:19 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on November 15, 2020, 11:00:15 PM

(emphasis added)

Considering how many videos are on the OPs channel I think it's the latter.  The former did cross my mind though given there are a lot of FritzOwl-like responses.
Wow that's crazy. I just went and looked through them but didn't click any. Don't want to give this guy anymore clicks. What a nut.

kkt

Max Rockatansky

Reading through some of the video titles it seems this dude has had the cops called on him and has tried to goad police officers into pulling him him over. 

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 15, 2020, 07:40:00 PM

(emphasis added)

I'm more fine with how the overwhelming majority others drive compared to what you demonstrate.  You often drive like a jerk and you frequency display a tendency towards road rage. 

Also, you dodged my question in the last thread.   What makes you authority to judge anyone's driving ability?  You clearly don't understand the things you do wrong which raises the question about what your actual qualifications are.

Because I've done nothing wrong, just honked at someone for being stopped when they weren't supposed to be. Even the cop agreed with me on that.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Crash_It on November 16, 2020, 01:54:59 AM

(emphasis added)

Because I've done nothing wrong, just honked at someone for being stopped when they weren't supposed to be. Even the cop agreed with me on that.
Unless there's more to the video than what you have shown, the cop even seems to be almost equally as frustrated with you even though the other lady is the one causing him to have to do more paperwork. I didn't get the vibe the cop was exactly buddy buddy with you at all. In fact in parts of the video he seemed to be rather frustrated with you and didn't express until the lady made it clear she wanted you both to be ticketed anyways and then the officer expressed his true feelings.

In almost every clip, I'd rather have to deal with the "offending"  driver than the cammer(which is you). To me, you fall in the same category as left lane campers, rubberneckers, and the type of people who occupy two lanes when they narrow to one during a merge scenario. You are looking for a problem instead of being ready to solve it by being defensive and keeping to yourself. There is a clear and divine difference between being defensive and aggressive and then there's the clueless or the stupid drivers. To me that primarily separates the three types of drivers and you easily fall into the aggressive category with flying colors.

Crash_It

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on November 16, 2020, 02:27:27 AM
Quote from: Crash_It on November 16, 2020, 01:54:59 AM

(emphasis added)

Unless there's more to the video than what you have shown, the cop even seems to be almost equally as frustrated with you even though the other lady is the one causing him to have to do more paperwork. I didn't get the vibe the cop was exactly buddy buddy with you at all. In fact in parts of the video he seemed to be rather frustrated with you and didn't express until the lady made it clear she wanted you both to be ticketed anyways and then the officer expressed his true feelings.
He still said there was no problem with the honking of the horn.

In almost every clip, I'd rather have to deal with the "offending"  driver than the cammer(which is you). To me, you fall in the same category as left lane campers, rubberneckers, and the type of people who occupy two lanes when they narrow to one during a merge scenario. You are looking for a problem instead of being ready to solve it by being defensive and keeping to yourself. There is a clear and divine difference between being defensive and aggressive and then there's the clueless or the stupid drivers. To me that primarily separates the three types of drivers and you easily fall into the aggressive category with flying colors.

Definitely not in that category, I hate all of those and have shown them in my videos. You seem like the type that would get mad at another driver for honking the horn instead of accepting it and moving on.

Plutonic Panda

No i don't let the actions of other drivers get to me. Though when I witness it I get mildly annoyed but I keep my emotions in check when I'm operating a 3,000 pound piece of metal.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.