News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Best Route from Boston to New York

Started by Roadgeekteen, April 20, 2021, 12:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the best route between Boston and New York?

6 (10%)
90-84-91-95
12 (20%)
90-84-15
23 (38.3%)
90-84-684
8 (13.3%)
Other
11 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

csw

90-84-91-15/Hutch is the better route simply due to the eternal parking lot from Bridgeport to Stamford. I'd rather deal with the bad driving and dangerous interchanges on 15 than sit through that.

Alps

Quote from: csw on February 06, 2022, 08:21:18 PM
90-84-91-15/Hutch is the better route simply due to the eternal parking lot from Bridgeport to Stamford. I'd rather deal with the bad driving and dangerous interchanges on 15 than sit through that.
Depends on timing. If the route's actually clear, which does in fact happen on weekends, I will do 91 to 95 for the change of scenery from 15. Or at least 15-Milford-95 instead of 15 the whole way. There's an advantage to having 3+ lanes on the entire route instead of only 2.

Rothman

Why was this thread bumped?

Just use Waze. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

brothamon

Having driven both routes multiple times these are the differences:

84/90
-By far faster, there are a lot of long stretches' where people go like 90-95 and since you aren't driving through any cities, traffic tends to slow down less.
-much less scenic
-not many good places to stop for food/etc, you are driving more across a sparse populated area

-much more scenic, there are tons of bridges, major cities on the way, water ways, rivers, etc
-tons of places to stop to check out, eat, etc, so many things on the way
-slower, and unlike the above, since there are so many cities, even if you find yourself cruising fast, you quickly slow down, making the driving more stressful
-however if you are not in a rush and want to make more of a day of your trip, then just get from nyc to Boston or reverse, this route offer 1000% more then the 84/90.

Those are my thoughts.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: brothamon on August 10, 2022, 11:17:09 PM
Having driven both routes multiple times these are the differences:

84/90
-By far faster, there are a lot of long stretches' where people go like 90-95 and since you aren't driving through any cities, traffic tends to slow down less.
-much less scenic
-not many good places to stop for food/etc, you are driving more across a sparse populated area

-much more scenic, there are tons of bridges, major cities on the way, water ways, rivers, etc
-tons of places to stop to check out, eat, etc, so many things on the way
-slower, and unlike the above, since there are so many cities, even if you find yourself cruising fast, you quickly slow down, making the driving more stressful
-however if you are not in a rush and want to make more of a day of your trip, then just get from nyc to Boston or reverse, this route offer 1000% more then the 84/90.

Those are my thoughts.
Hartford isn't in a sparsley populated area.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.