Texas Tollway Loop 365, around the RGV (specifically McAllen): Updates and news

Started by TheBox, June 24, 2021, 06:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBox

Wake me up when they upgrade US-290 between the state's largest city and growing capital into expressway standards if it interstate standards.

Giddings bypass, Elgin bypass, and Elgin-Manor freeway/tollway when?

sprjus4

^ San Antonio is still missing one. And hopefully that remains forever.

In_Correct

Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Thegeet

Quote from: sprjus4 on June 25, 2021, 12:20:12 AM
if they even try one, it would likely be an extension of 130, or else, it would be a waste of time and money.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Thegeet on June 25, 2021, 02:06:12 AM
Quote from: sprjus4 on June 25, 2021, 12:20:12 AM
if they even try one, it would likely be an extension of 130, or else, it would be a waste of time and money.

There's an unofficial loop nicknamed "The Circuit". http://www.texashighwayman.com/circuit.shtml

thisdj78

Very odd that there isn't continuity of the loop on the north end at 281. Any reason why it won't just cut straight across 281?

Bobby5280

It looks like Lake Edinburgh and some collection of wetlands ponds are obstacles on the West side of I-69C. That part of the loop has to go North around those land features.

MaxConcrete

Bids were opened today for the 365 tollway. The low bid is $296 million. This is about 14% above the estimated cost of $260 million listed on the Pharr district project list.

https://www.hcrma.net/downloads/rma/2021-10-13%20365TOLL%20Unofficial%20Bid%20Totals.pdf

Pharr district
http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/phr/major-projects.pdf
www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

J N Winkler

This is the rebid for Segments 1 & 2 of the 365 tollway; a previous attempt in 2017 bombed.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

TheBox

Quote from: yakra on November 24, 2021, 01:36:15 PM
Where were those "365 Tollway Construction" photos in the OP taken?
i just now realized this

Wasn't that just the US-83/I-2 bypass?
if i'm not mistaken
Wake me up when they upgrade US-290 between the state's largest city and growing capital into expressway standards if it interstate standards.

yakra

I wasn't aware of any part of Toll 365 existing, but there's a trailblazer for it at the S end of Spur 29. :hmmm:

Edit: Maybe the photos in the OP were at the US281 San Juan Rd interchange?
Schmedit: Well lookee here!
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Great Lakes Roads

https://www.krgv.com/news/new-toll-road-construction-underway-in-hidalgo-county

A new toll road in Hidalgo County broke ground, and the project is expected to be complete by 2026. The $281 million project will connect more than 12 miles between the Pharr International Bridge with the Anzalduas Bridge in Mission.

TheBox

thisdj78

Is any of this work showing up on Google satellite map imagery yet? I can't see any signs of ground movement yet (maps could be outdated).

The Ghostbuster

The Loop 365 tollway will be 8 miles longer than the Loop 1604 beltway around San Antonio. Texas sure likes their beltway loops. Hopefully, it will be completed within 25 to 30 years.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.