News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Need a couple of maps scanned

Started by J3ebrules, December 21, 2021, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3ebrules

Hey everyone, I hope this is allowed/in the right place, but I need a favor if anyone is able to help me out.

New Jersey is terrible at keeping a history of their road maps online (as opposed to Pennsylvania, which has a decent bunch), so I have been trying to collect some maps as I find them on eBay/can afford them. But, my scanner isn't great and I don't have the ability/decent computer skills to scan the two I have, especially since they'd need to be scanned in pieces and pieced back together.

Would anyone be willing to scan in some maps and send me digital copies of them?

Bonus extra huge ask: would anyone have the desire to host those maps on their websites so NJ finally has some historic roadmap representation on the interwebs??

Thanks!
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

Scott5114

Why not try contacting a NJ library, archive, or historical society? (Try a university library that has an NJ history collection, for instance.) They probably have better scanners and ability to handle fragile old documents than any of us have, and would love to have the digitized file in their collection.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J3ebrules

Not a bad idea; thank you! I guess that would be Rutgers; they're the only ones with anything of the sort online.
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

Alex

I could do it for you if you can't find somewhere local to do it or anyone else.

J3ebrules

Appreciate it; thank you! I'll reach out to Rutgers this week, and if they don't bite, I'll PM you.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.