TV show where a man appeared and started talking about the theme music

Started by bandit957, December 27, 2021, 08:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Can anyone help me identify this show?

Around 1980, there was some TV show where the series premiere had a man came on at the end of the opening credits and talk about the opening theme music. It seems like it might have been a "comedy drama." It wasn't a show I regularly watched. I just happened to be in the room when it was on.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

jp the roadgeek

Didn't Garry Shandling do that in his show?  He'd come on, do a setup monologue, then say something like "We'll play the opening theme then start the show."
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

TheGrassGuy

Don't know. But next time, maybe try asking the tipofmytongue subreddit rather than a roadgeek forum? :bigass:
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

dlsterner

Quote from: TheGrassGuy on December 27, 2021, 09:26:04 PM
Don't know. But next time, maybe try asking the tipofmytongue subreddit rather than a roadgeek forum? :bigass:

In bandit957's defense, this is the "Off-Topic" forum, after all.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: bandit957 on December 27, 2021, 08:30:11 PM
Can anyone help me identify this show?

Around 1980, there was some TV show where the series premiere had a man came on at the end of the opening credits and talk about the opening theme music. It seems like it might have been a "comedy drama." It wasn't a show I regularly watched. I just happened to be in the room when it was on.

Pretty sure you're thinking of 'Big Fat Balding Guy with a Stubby Cigar in his Mouth and his Pants half-Zipped.'
Because this time, he's being honest with you.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

triplemultiplex

Quote from: dlsterner on December 28, 2021, 01:40:17 AM
Quote from: TheGrassGuy on December 27, 2021, 09:26:04 PM

In bandit957's defense, this is the "Off-Topic" forum, after all.

I don't want a world where bandit doesn't start these kind of threads.  I love everything about them.  The specificity, the nostalgia from a very narrow window of the late 70's/early 80's, bandit's ability to articulate his memory of the reference; it's great.  And they occur with just the right frequency; not too many to be spamy, and not too few to where you forget about them.  Just enough to where it is still funny to me every single time.

It's even better when someone can actually remember the same reference.

:popcorn:
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

abefroman329

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on December 27, 2021, 09:10:42 PM
Didn't Garry Shandling do that in his show?  He'd come on, do a setup monologue, then say something like "We'll play the opening theme then start the show."
Yeah, and the opening theme song was ABOUT the opening theme song.  "This is the theme to Garry's show, the opening theme to Garry's show, this is the music that you hear as you watch the credits..."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.