News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

RIP Betty White

Started by kevinb1994, December 31, 2021, 05:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

We all wanted her to live to 100. Unfortunately she didn't make it by 17 days.

US71

Quote from: kevinb1994 on December 31, 2021, 05:00:16 PM
We all wanted her to live to 100. Unfortunately she didn't make it by 17 days.

Fate is funny that way, :(
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

wriddle082

I think CalTrans should rename the 405 from the 10 to the 101 the Betty White Freeway.  It goes past Brentwood, which is where she lived.

US71

Quote from: wriddle082 on December 31, 2021, 05:04:38 PM
I think CalTrans should rename the 405 from the 10 to the 101 the Betty White Freeway.  It goes past Brentwood, which is where she lived.

Start a petition
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Daniel Fiddler

I shared with my mother and grandmother the news.  My mother was saddened.

She shared with me that Betty White shared that the secret to her longevity was that she "never ate anything green", lol.

LilianaUwU

What a way to end 2021. RIP to a legend.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

CoreySamson

Quote from: LilianaUwU on December 31, 2021, 05:12:21 PM
What a way to end 2021. RIP to a legend.
I'm almost glad she died today instead of tomorrow. People would've lost all hope for the next year if she died on the first day of 2022. RIP.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

LM117

Looks like a stroke that she suffered 6 days before her death is what did her in. Tough gal to live 6 days afterward at 99 years old.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/stroke-six-days-earlier-cited-betty-whites-cause-death-rcna11711
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

kevinb1994

Quote from: LM117 on January 10, 2022, 10:21:42 PM
Looks like a stroke that she suffered 6 days before her death is what did her in. Tough gal to live 6 days afterward at 99 years old.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/stroke-six-days-earlier-cited-betty-whites-cause-death-rcna11711
She sure did all that she could do.

roadman65

The checkout tabloids are already celebrating her 100th Birthday.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MATraveler128

Today would have been Betty White's 100th birthday and if you do a Google search of her name, you will find a special Easter Egg with rose petals and a message saying "Thank you for being a friend."

The link:

https://people.com/tv/google-betty-white-100th-birthday-golden-girls-themed-search-tribute/
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

GaryV

Quote from: roadman65 on January 11, 2022, 09:41:41 PM
The checkout tabloids are already celebrating her 100th Birthday.
Parade magazine (newspaper insert) also had a big 100th story on her.

Henry

Just about every network is going to run a marathon of episodes in which she appeared--if it hasn't already, including The Golden Girls (where she was the top star, I believe) Hot in Cleveland (same as before), The Mary Tyler Moore Show and many of the game shows where she was a guest player (mainly Password/Password Plus, which was hosted by her husband Allen Ludden). IIRC, she had been widowed for 40 years when she died, as Mr. Ludden passed away in 1981 (and I was 11 at the time). This isn't the first instance of a celebrity's life ending short of reaching 100, because the same thing happened with Zsa Zsa Gabor in 2016, and it damn sure will not be the last. Nevertheless, I'm very disappointed that she wasn't around to celebrate her milestone birthday, but we'll always have plenty of memories to share.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

snowc

Quote from: Henry on January 19, 2022, 10:36:47 AM
Just about every network is going to run a marathon of episodes in which she appeared--if it hasn't already, including The Golden Girls (where she was the top star, I believe) Hot in Cleveland (same as before), The Mary Tyler Moore Show and many of the game shows where she was a guest player (mainly Password/Password Plus, which was hosted by her husband Allen Ludden). IIRC, she had been widowed for 40 years when she died, as Mr. Ludden passed away in 1981 (and I was 11 at the time). This isn't the first instance of a celebrity's life ending short of reaching 100, because the same thing happened with Zsa Zsa Gabor in 2016, and it damn sure will not be the last. Nevertheless, I'm very disappointed that she wasn't around to celebrate her milestone birthday, but we'll always have plenty of memories to share.
Don't forget Lorax.  :-(

In_Correct

My favourite scenes to watch of Betty White is when she had Brown hair, on Password. ... and also as Sue Ann Nivens. In the episode Sue Ann Gets The Ax, she backs Mary Richards in to a corner which happens to be in front of the Assignment Board ... a Marker Board ... be cause she wanted an assignment. She was prominent on The Carol Burnett Show, Mama's Family, and was one of several that left Mama's Family to join The Golden Girls. She is a very talented voice actress. When she was on screen her self, she seemed to portray older characters which seemed to type cast her as being older than she actually was. ... not unlike Angela Lansbury. ... or June Foray, who lived to be all most 100 years old.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.