News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Happy New Year 2022

Started by CNGL-Leudimin, December 31, 2021, 06:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

As per the tradition and taking advantage of my time zone, I come from the next year to wish a happy New Year to those who are still in the previous one. For the second year in a row I'm able to post within seconds from my laptop, and I really hope it's the last time I do so, as I'm already in the year things are expected to go back to "normal" (if there was such a concept).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on December 31, 2021, 06:00:06 PM
As per the tradition and taking advantage of my time zone, I come from the next year to wish a happy New Year to those who are still in the previous one. For the second year in a row I'm able to post within seconds from my laptop, and I really hope it's the last time I do so, as I'm already in the year things are expected to go back to "normal" (if there was such a concept).

So how is 2022 so far?
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jp the roadgeek

Meanwhile, the rest of us are still living in the past.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

tolbs17

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

thspfc

Less than three hours left of what felt like the longest year ever. It wasn't bad for me by any means. Just really long.

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

tolbs17

ozarkman417

Back when I was 5, it was first mentioned to me that I would be part of the high school class of 2022. At the time, this seemed so far away, and I was also shocked to find out I would have to go to school for the next twelve years. Yet somehow, 2022 is here, in about an hour my time. 

tolbs17

jlam

Still 10 PM here. Living in the past.

NWI_Irish96

So the past few years I've "cheated" and gone to bed just after midnight ET but I'm not super tired so I think I'm gonna actually see in the new year in my own time zone this year.

tdindy88

Quote from: cabiness42 on January 01, 2022, 12:08:54 AM
So the past few years I've "cheated" and gone to bed just after midnight ET but I'm not super tired so I think I'm gonna actually see in the new year in my own time zone this year.

Well then, Happy New Year from the 2022-part of Indiana.

Big John

IT used to be on ABC that at midnight eastern that New York and Las Vegas would celebrate the new year on New York time.  I would wonder why Las Vegas would celebrate at 9 PM.  They finally came to their senses and realizes that the whole nation isn't in the eastern time zone.

Roadgeekteen

Midnight isn't late for me I go to bed past 5 normally.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: tdindy88 on January 01, 2022, 12:11:36 AM

I have a friend who lives on the St Joe-LaPorte county line. He's part of a group from that area that gets together, first at a house on the St Joe side and then just after midnight there, they move the party to a house on the LaPorte side and celebrate a 2nd midnight.

CoolAngrybirdsrio4

Happy New Year! :bigass:
Renewed roadgeek

TheHighwayMan3561

Happy New Year to the Central Time Zone, the official forum time. :D
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

jlam

Happy New Year from MST! Hopefully this year will be better than the last.

SkyPesos

Bruce

It is now the New Year in all 50 U.S. states.

Still a bit longer for the U.S. territories, as American Samoa uses UTC-11.

Flint1979

Quote from: cabiness42 on January 01, 2022, 12:24:46 AM

I have a friend who lives on the St Joe-LaPorte county line. He's part of a group from that area that gets together, first at a house on the St Joe side and then just after midnight there, they move the party to a house on the LaPorte side and celebrate a 2nd midnight.
I remember that when I lived in New Carlisle and Hudson Lake was in the central and New Carlisle was in the eastern.

kevinb1994

Happy New Year from Florida.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Flint1979 on January 01, 2022, 07:34:21 AM
Quote from: cabiness42 on January 01, 2022, 12:24:46 AM

I remember that when I lived in New Carlisle and Hudson Lake was in the central and New Carlisle was in the eastern.

That's exactly where I was talking about. If you lived in New Carlisle then you probably know that the New Prairie school district straddles the time zones. Can't be easy having your kids go to school in a different time zone than your house.

kkt

Happy New Year!  Many happy miles of driving back roads in 2022, or even interstates if that's what floats your boat.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.