News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

RIP Bob Saget

Started by kevinb1994, January 09, 2022, 09:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

I'm just as surprised as anyone would be to find out that Bob Saget was found dead in his Orlando hotel room. He was last seen here in Jacksonville yesterday for what became his final stand-up performance.

zzcarp

I saw Bob Saget in Denver in 2017. It was one of the funniest stand up sets I ever saw. Then, he broke out the guitar and played several songs to end the show. Such sad news. RIP
So many miles and so many roads

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: kevinb1994 on January 09, 2022, 09:20:50 PM
I'm just as surprised as anyone would be to find out that Bob Saget was found dead in his Orlando hotel room. He was last seen here in Jacksonville yesterday for what became his final stand-up performance.

The crazy thing was that he had just tweeted a shoutout to the crowd at his last performance at around 3:45am on the day he died.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Max Rockatansky

I saw one of his stand up routines with my parents.  I think they were expecting Danny Tanner but sure as hell ain't what they got.  My Dad and I had a great time but my Mon was miserable. 

bandit957

Remember when he hosted 'America's Funniest Home Videos'? One of the funniest videos involved a cardboard cutout of Bob Saget holding a camera and filming a woman in her bathtub. At the end of the video, the woman throws water on the cutout and shorts it out. It was hilarious!

There was also a video where a kid was sitting on Santa Claus's lap and said, "Buddy, your breath stinks!"
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Roadgeekteen

Seemed sudden. Did anyone see it coming?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Takumi

Some reports are saying he was found with one of his hands clutching his chest. So heart attack?
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

roadman65

Latest is it could take weeks to determine actual cause of death.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

I hear some people out their are trying to blame the vaccine. 

Though I have my doubts about the vaccine in general, I will not say or guess that Saget was victim to that as some are saying.

I believe that the answer will be found soon enough

Sheryl Crowe

Henry

If Hollywood ever had a Jekyll & Hyde type, Bob Saget would be the perfect example of it. As Jekyll, in addition to Danny Tanner, he would also play Ted Mosby in voice form on How I Met Your Mother. And as Hyde, he had his standup comedy routine that ranged from crude to flat-out offensive. But all in all, he was a very kind man with a charming personality no matter what side he took. Seems to me that we've been losing lots of famous entertainers in the last couple of weeks, but next to Betty White, this one just rips my heart out.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

roadman65

Yes, they all go at once. Not to mention Gavin McCleod and Ed Asner were lost in 2021.  As far as the Mary Tyler Moore Show goes all are gone from the lineup. Betty White was the last of them, though Valeri Harper and Betty never appeared in the same episode due to White being her replacement after Harper left to star in Rhoda.

Sheryl Crowe

bandit957

Isn't the old woman from 'Rhoda' still living? She's 115 or something. Or maybe that's some other show I'm thinking of.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

wanderer2575

Quote from: roadman65 on January 13, 2022, 11:28:46 AM
Yes, they all go at once. Not to mention Gavin McCleod and Ed Asner were lost in 2021.  As far as the Mary Tyler Moore Show goes all are gone from the lineup. Betty White was the last of them, though Valeri Harper and Betty never appeared in the same episode due to White being her replacement after Harper left to star in Rhoda.

They were in at least one episode together, "The Lars Affair," which I believe was Betty White's first appearance on the show.  It was intended as a one-time shot, but it went so well that she was asked to return and then she eventually became a regular after Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman left for their own spinoffs.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.