News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Who likes the Big Show out of Charlotte

Started by roadman65, January 10, 2022, 11:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I never really cared for the Big Show, when it used to by syndicated in Orlando, FL.  However, I still see that some stations in the Southeast still air the the duo John Boy and Billy in the Morning Drive time slot.

Anyone here listen or actually like the two guys?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

1995hoo

I enjoyed listening to them in the mornings in the mid-1990s when I lived in Durham. I've barely heard them in the 23 years since because they're not on in the DC area.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Dirt Roads

It's hard to believe that it has been more than 5 years since Robert D. Raiford was last on air.  He was as good as Paul Harvey in delivering the real scoop of Americana on the radio.

1995hoo

Quote from: Dirt Roads on January 10, 2022, 01:43:19 PM
It's hard to believe that it has been more than 5 years since Robert D. Raiford was last on air.  He was as good as Paul Harvey in delivering the real scoop of Americana on the radio.

My thread about Raiford's death tells us of one forum member who has never listened to the Big Show.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

hbelkins

Given their location, I understand that they used to have a lot of NASCAR-based content, including some parody songs. I never listened, even though they were syndicated on one of the Lexington FM stations once upon a time.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

roadman65

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 10, 2022, 01:47:41 PM
Quote from: Dirt Roads on January 10, 2022, 01:43:19 PM

My thread about Raiford's death tells us of one forum member who has never listened to the Big Show.

I had to check your post out as I was wondering who it might be. I was right in my guess. Somebody who lives in Orlando where Cox Media Group syndicated his show on Q96 for years.

Q96 was the classic rock station in Orlando for a long time and the only game in town after DIZ went Salsa.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

golden eagle

It's still on the air here in Jackson on Z106.7. Been on the air here since 1996 or so.

snowc

Same here in Rock 103. Radio station in Dunn NC.

jp the roadgeek

Used to like The Big Show with The Big O (Glenn Ordway) on WEEI in Boston.  God, I miss the Whiner Line every night around 5:50.  He made a couple of cameos during Christmas week.   
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.