News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Which do you prefer? Dogs or cats?

Started by tolbs17, January 19, 2022, 10:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which animal do you prefer?

Dog
11 (37.9%)
Cat
18 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

tolbs17

I own one dog, and I prefer both so I don't have an answer between one of them. I have gotten too busy to take care of pets.

oscar

I'm definitely a cat person, though right now I don't have any pets.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

tolbs17

Quote from: oscar on January 19, 2022, 10:53:18 PM
I'm definitely a cat person, though right now I don't have any pets.
My brothers wife used to be one of them but then she got a dog and 2 cats and she likes some dogs better but technically she's still a cat person. I enjoy playing with both animals!

Roadgeekteen

I prefer cats but I like dogs too. I used to hate dogs as a little kid but not anymore.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

tolbs17

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 19, 2022, 11:03:00 PM
I prefer cats but I like dogs too. I used to hate dogs as a little kid but not anymore.
Same. Also used to not like animals at all.

jlam

I'm torn. I have had 4 dogs throughout my life, but I've never had a cat. When I visit my friends' houses, I usually like their dogs more than cats. So I would say I'm a dog person.

Big John

Dog person.  Dogs like me but cats don't.

tolbs17

Quote from: Big John on January 19, 2022, 11:25:13 PM
Dog person.  Dogs like me but cats don't.
I'm pretty sure they are the cats that are not brave? I've had a couple cats like me...

Rothman

Dog person.  Allergic to most cats.

That said, having had a dog when I was a kid made me realize how much work one was.  I will never own one, but I will play with other people's dogs gladly.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

Dogs, I have three of them currently.  I'm open to owning a Cat but my wife isn't a fan of the idea.  Oddly she wants a Pot Belly Pig as some sort of alternative pet.  I should note that she did grow up in Firebaugh around farm/ranch everything.

Scott5114

I generally prefer dogs, but one of our cats has really taken a liking to me in a way that I've never had a cat do, so I'm starting to like them both equally.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

GaryV

Depends on what color eyes they have.

1995hoo

Our cat says "hello." We adopted her the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Her previous owner had to enter memory-assisted living and couldn't keep her. (Regarding dogs, I don't necessarily mind smaller dogs, like a Pomeranian, but I'm uncomfortable around big dogs. I also prefer that a cat uses a litter box and doesn't have to be taken out for a walk on a rainy morning.)

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Daniel Fiddler

Cat person, indubitably!  :)

I do like dogs, but I prefer cats over dogs.

My cat is a rescue cat, so he's as affectionate and loyal as a dog anyway.

And it's been proven cats relieve stress / anxiety and depression more than dogs do anyway.

Big John

1995hoo

Is that dog's name Max Scherzer? (I've met Scherzer. It's striking even if you already know about it before you meet him.)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Mapmikey

We trapped a feral family of 9 cats in 2009.  6 of them are still alive.

I have had cats nearly continuously back to 1979...

JayhawkCO

I like both equally.  Cats are far easier to take care of.  Dogs are obviously more affectionate and trainable.

MATraveler128

I'm more of a cat person. I've never really liked dogs too much. Owning a pet is a ton of work.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

webny99

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 20, 2022, 10:30:55 AM
Is that dog's name Max Scherzer? (I've met Scherzer. It's striking even if you already know about it before you meet him.)

Whoa. I know someone with one eye that's (at least partly) a different color than the other, but it's not nearly that stark.

hbelkins

I think my preference is pretty well-known among my friends. Froggie even called me a cat lady a couple of weeks ago (in a well-meaning and totally appropriate way, of course.)

For the first time in many, many, many years, we are without a dog. At one time we had seven, but the natural lifespan of a dog is such that they aren't with us for as long as we'd like. One by one, they all went to the rainbow bridge.

We lost our last dog, Holly, on Dec. 29. She was an indoor beagle mix who was rescued from a shelter. We'd had an indoor beagle, also rescued from a very bad situation, who died in 2011. So my wife found Holly on Petfinder at a shelter in Kenton, Ohio, and on Dec. 1, 2011, she and her sister made the drive up to adopt her. She was an owner surrender and we're not sure how old she was when we got her. We also don't know if Holly had always been her name, or if the shelter gave her that name because she was there so close to Christmas.

Holly was an absolute joy to have around. She was playful, affectionate, and had a lot of beagle qualities. She also loved cats and sometimes I think she thought she was a feline. We'd noticed her slowing down, becoming less active and less mobile, and attributed it to aging. But her appetite decreased sharply and she started losing weight noticeably. So on Nov. 30, one day before our plans to celebrate her 10th "birthday," we took her to the vet, who diagnosed her with advanced lymphoma and gave us a prognosis of "months." Her condition deteriorated rapidly but she went peacefully in her sleep. She is greatly missed around the Elkins household.

Cats are much easier to take care of than dogs. They don't require frequent trips outside at odd hours or during inclement weather. You can even leave cats at home for several days if you put out enough food and water and maybe an extra litterbox for them to use. Dogs require pet-sitters or boarding.

Of course, growing up we had outside cats and dogs, so I was used to having pets.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Takumi

I've had a Lab for the past 11 years. He's starting to have age-related issues.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

CNGL-Leudimin

Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

tolbs17

JayhawkCO

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.