News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Favorite Musicians/Artists

Started by achilles765, October 21, 2012, 04:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Quote from: hbelkins on July 29, 2021, 11:08:22 PM
What, no Iron Maiden?

And Saigon Kick surprises me; I figured they would be a little too "hair band" for your tastes.

I was listing 1990s bands, I consider Maiden more of a 1980s band. Even they're still going as strong as ever.

I don't really consider Saigon Kick to be a pop metal band. I just consider them a "metal" band. Their third album Water is about as far from pop metal as you can get. They had their mullet ballad, but the rest of their stuff is much heavier than the Warrants and Poisons of the world. They got unfairly lumped into a genre they never really embraced, and unfortunately, that killed their careers. If they hadn't gotten typecast as a hair band, Water might have been an alternative rock hit.

Flint1979

The Beatles
The Who
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
U2
David Bowie
Tom Petty

Throckmorton

If I had to name one and only one all time favorite musician it would be Paul Desmond.   

Proceed with caution

adventurernumber1

Quote from: bugo on July 29, 2021, 10:10:21 PM
Quote from: adventurernumber1 on July 29, 2021, 05:22:44 PM
Definitely! There's a vast amount of great music from that era and beyond, which I definitely plan to check out. I can take some artist recommendations for sure.  :thumbsup:

Here are some bands from the 90s until today that I like, in alphabetical order:

A Perfect Circle
Alice in Chains (Layne Staley era)
Tori Amos
Audioslave
Bassnectar
BT
The Catherine Wheel
Deafheaven
Deftones
Elysian Fields
Failure
Foo Fighters
How To Destroy Angels
Kyuss
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Porcupine Tree
The Prodigy
Puscifer
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
Saigon Kick
The Smashing Pumpkins
Son Volt
Soundgarden
System of a Down
30 Seconds to Mars
Tool
Tricky

That should be enough to get you started. Let me know what you think of these bands.

* I apologize as I meant to post this reply about a month ago but at about that time my thumbs started locking up (possibly trigger finger, which I'm still dealing with but have become comfortable using my fingers more (in moderation)).

Over the past few months I have delved into the discography of these artists, who have great music, and I highly appreciate the suggestions. Many of the albums I've listened to have become strong contenders for any personal desert island scenario. I will be coming back to the music of these artists very often.  :thumbsup:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Henry

I'm particularly fond of the 70s and 80s stuff, so these are my 30 random favorites:

Bon Jovi, Boston, David Bowie, Cher, Chicago, Phil Collins, Earth, Wind & Fire, Peter Gabriel, Genesis, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Bily Idol, Billy Joel, Elton John, Journey, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Michael McDonald, George Michael, Billy Ocean, Police, REO Speedwagon, Lionel Richie, Diana Ross, Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Sting, Donna Summer, James Taylor, WHAM!

And then, add in the smooth jazz that I've been enjoying since the late 80s, with these 10 random artists:

David Benoit, George Benson, Rick Braun, Jonathan Butler, Fourplay, Kenny G, Boney James, Dave Koz, David Sanborn, Grover Washington Jr.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Roadgeekteen

I listen to many different artists but I would have to say that Dua Lipa and Eminem are my favorites.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.