News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Grand Rapids?

Started by hbelkins, July 29, 2009, 02:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Any movement toward picking a date for Grand Rapids this fall?

I know that the three weekends under discussion are Sept. 19, Sept. 26 or Oct. 3. The earliest weekend is only six weeks out from next week.

I need to start planning my schedule as soon as the date is announced.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

DanTheMan414

Patience, H.B., patience...expect some sort of announcement with ample time for planning.

hbelkins

Quote from: DanTheMan414 on July 30, 2009, 01:51:42 AM
Patience, H.B., patience...expect some sort of announcement with ample time for planning.

LOL ... I want to schedule an optometrist's appointment around that time so I can use a sick day instead of a vacation day for travel and county-collecting. ;-)

Hellfighter

Yeah, well it can't fall on exam week!  ;-)

corco

We should get this known soon- there's a not-impossible chance I'll be able to make it if I have a few weeks advance notice

rawmustard

Quote from: corco on July 31, 2009, 02:27:20 AM
We should get this known soon- there's a not-impossible chance I'll be able to make it if I have a few weeks advance notice

I just know that some of the principals (which I suppose would include me) planning this are quite busy this weekend. Maybe sometime during the next week, we Michiganders will put our heads together and come up with the details (site, date, tour route, etc.).

interstate696

yeah I am from Michigan also but i am going to be in Michigan State that weekend for school so yea I would like to join :D

getemngo

I should probably know better than to post this, since it isn't public or official yet, but tentative date is Saturday, September 26.
~ Sam from Michigan

hbelkins

Quote from: getemngo on August 09, 2009, 12:04:48 PM
I should probably know better than to post this, since it isn't public or official yet, but tentative date is Saturday, September 26.

Yes, I know that's the date that they're leaning toward right now.

And with another meet tentatively scheduled for the northeastern part of the country the next weekend, I can start scheduling early-morning doctor and optometrist appointments during this time frame so I can leave and use the rest of the sick day for traveling instead of having to burn a vacation day. ;-)

rawmustard

Quote from: getemngo on August 09, 2009, 12:04:48 PM

Like I just mentioned over on GLR, 10/3 is the day of the UM-MSU game, and I'm thinking that they'll more than likely get a noon kickoff, so we'd have that contingent to deal with if the meet were to be scheduled on that day. So 9/26 (or 9/19, I doubt we'd go 10/10 or later) sounds all the more reasonable.

Alps

I can't make 9/26.  I can make 9/19.  If it's 9/26, I'll just head out to the area over Labor Day (likely).

Hellfighter

Well, I might be able to attend, as long as my classes don't interfere.

DanTheMan414

That should be far enough from midterms at UMD that hopefully you should be in the clear for the GR meet. :sombrero:

Hellfighter

hbelkins

So was it decided that Sept. 26 is definitely the date? If not, I gotta reschedule a doctor's appointment for the morning of the 24th. ;-)

rawmustard

QuoteSo was it decided that Sept. 26 is definitely the date?
Based on the discussions I've had in the past week or so, you can bank on 9/26 being the date. Hopefully an official announcement will be posted once a meetup venue and itinerary are set.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.