AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
 on: Today at 07:58:04 PM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by jwolfer
ttps://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/winn-dixie-and-tops-owners-are-said-to-prepare-for-bankruptcy/ar-BBJeV3y?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Winn Dixie and Tops are filling for bankruptcy.   The former was the ruler of the southeast for decades, then fell to a point of closing stores due to falling customer service and now may soon be history.
Who rules the Southeast now?

My first thought was Publix, but they aren't that common outside of Florida.
Publix now has stores in GA, AL, SC, NC and TN.. I think even VA

Z981

on: Today at 07:55:21 PM 
Started by pdx-wanderer - Last post by Flint1979
Iowa's entry to this thread is probably this sign on IA 92 leaving Council Bluffs:

I was about to ask where Muscatine was but found it. My only two trips to Iowa have both been to Ankeny lol.

on: Today at 07:50:34 PM 
Started by empirestate - Last post by webny99
Does anyone else say "meeting" as "meed-een"?

Many, if not a majority of, people I know says their "ing's" this way. I think it sounds ugly and make a conscious effort to avoid doing so.

I don't, but I've heard it often. Of course, we're from Rochester, where all the kids are named Eeandy and Eealex and Meeatt, and they play with rubber beeands, and their dads work at Kodeeak, and their dad's names are Bahb and Rahger and Dahn. Or maybe the work for Xeerahx, or Bausch & Lahmb, and they like to eat white hahts and drink pahp. :-D

You're from Rah-chster? Thats awesome, not sure how I never knew that!

I personally think the accent, while definitely existent, is a bit overhyped. Many people I know have at least one parent born elsewhere, so perhaps that plays into in to an extent as well. I certainly don't think the accent is any stronger here than it is, say, in Buffalo.

But yeah, that little blurb made my evening  :rofl:

on: Today at 07:47:20 PM 
Started by cl94 - Last post by SSOWorld
I don't know if parallel parking is still part of the Kentucky driver's license road test or not, but it was when I took it. If I had tapped, bumped or otherwise struck a vehicle while parking, I would have automatically failed the test.
Hitting a bump?

That's technically the case in New York, too. But so is pulling onto a street if anybody is visible, responding to waving, hitting a bump, etc.

on: Today at 07:40:45 PM 
Started by webny99 - Last post by Alps
Any sign challenge threads, plus any fictional highways that are not created by FritzOwl.
You even enjoy my shark on road posts?

It sounds like you expect us not to enjoy them.
Personally, I always post with the expectation that the audience will enjoy (or at least find something of interest in) my posts. Just my two cents.
Your 3 day vacation is overdue

on: Today at 07:38:30 PM 
Started by webny99 - Last post by webny99
Any sign challenge threads, plus any fictional highways that are not created by FritzOwl.
You even enjoy my shark on road posts?

It sounds like you expect us not to enjoy them.
Personally, I always post with the expectation that the audience will enjoy (or at least find something of interest in) my posts. Just my two cents.

on: Today at 07:33:40 PM 
Started by cl94 - Last post by cl94
I don't know if parallel parking is still part of the Kentucky driver's license road test or not, but it was when I took it. If I had tapped, bumped or otherwise struck a vehicle while parking, I would have automatically failed the test.

That's technically the case in New York, too. But so is pulling onto a street if anybody is visible, responding to waving, hitting a bump, etc.

on: Today at 07:33:29 PM 
Started by webny99 - Last post by webny99
Strictly speaking, mine's only about 12 miles.
However, I usually fill a half an hour, so depending on the routes I choose, I could burn up to 30 highway miles, even at rush hour.

My personal maximum would be around 20 miles/30 minutes. It's easy to make it longer if I want to - just leave earlier. But I wouldn't like the additional pressure associated with distances longer than that.

on: Today at 07:31:08 PM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by Buck87
From what I've seen, the Atlanta area a mix of Publix, Kroger, Ingles and Piggly Wiggly

on: Today at 07:28:38 PM 
Started by cl94 - Last post by hbelkins

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.