News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

F***ed up Florida state road sign

Started by jwolfer, October 04, 2014, 12:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwolfer

This is a horrible version done by Putnam County on the southbound side of CR 315.. No attempt to even be remotely close to the real thing.

Fixed the image code. -rmf67

formulanone

What in the name of bad acid is that?

I've lost track of how many issues that sign has, but it ranges from 6 to 10. The fact that it's a white square is the only thing right about it.

Zeffy

Quote from: jwolfer on October 04, 2014, 12:14:11 PM
This is a horrible version done by Putnam County on the southbound side of CR 315.. No attempt to even be remotely close to the real thing

FTFY. And HOLY SHIT KILL IT WITH FIRE!!
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

jeffandnicole

There's something wrong with it? No need to nitpick!  :D

rickmastfan67

roadman65

Maybe our very own bipolar troll got tired of being on line and  decided to seek out  something different elsewhere.  Maybe he thought, again, this would be one of his twisted attempts at a joke!  I have to admit, though, it is funny to see.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

WashuOtaku

route17fan

:crazy:  admittedly it is difficult on the eyes
John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

roadman65

Though funny, it is the worst attempt ever to be a shield.  Like wolfer says there is nothing even close to the real deal here.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

SignGeek101

Indeed, that's definitely the worst sign I've seen in awhile.  :ded:   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: I'd say it's worse than the "Craig County" sign on the worst of road signs thread.

Anyone know what font is used for JCT and S.R. 100? Can't tell if it's helvetica or another font.

DeaconG

Did someone even bother to say, oh...find a REAL Florida shield and make some kind of attempt to copy it? Oh, no; that would imply a certain base level of knowledge that isn't happening here.  Ay caramba!
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

clef

GSV from 2009 of an older standard shield there

adventurernumber1

This has got to be the hardest I have laughed in a looooooooong time. Good gosh the sign ain't even close to the real deal. This is the most insanely hilarious fail Ive ever seen on a road sign. Excuse me while my laugh box dries out  :-D  :-D  :-D  :pan:  :banghead:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

realjd

I like it. Let's make that the official state shield.

US71

Look on the bright side: if it wasn't f***ed up, we'd have nothing to photograph or talk about  :bigass:  :-D
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

KG909

There is no use in censoring "fucked", in this case it's needed to be non-censored because the fail is so huge.
~Fuccboi

adventurernumber1

Quote from: US71 on October 05, 2014, 10:39:59 PM
Look on the bright side: if it wasn't f***ed up, we'd have nothing to photograph or talk about  :bigass:  :-D

And I wouldnt have had my laugh of the day.  :-D

I could safely say the first time I saw this, it was the hardest I have laughed in a year...and I have experienced some gut-exploding laughs on YT.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

kurumi

So who's going to claim FL SR 100 as their avatar?
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

florida

I am still so very lost with the circle.
So many roads...so little time.

NE2

The circle is roughly centered on Daytona.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Truvelo

Speed limits limit life

codyg1985

Even the movies wouldn't do something this awful. And what's up with the circle? It isn't even a perfect circle, and what's it supposed to be centered over?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

NE2

Quote from: codyg1985 on October 06, 2014, 08:01:45 AM
And what's up with the circle? It isn't even a perfect circle,
It probably is, but the photo was taken at an angle.

Quote from: codyg1985 on October 06, 2014, 08:01:45 AM
and what's it supposed to be centered over?
Quote from: NE2 on October 06, 2014, 02:53:09 AM
The circle is roughly centered on Daytona.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bassoon1986

NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.