News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Lake Co, FL: CR 46A To Be Realigned As Part OF SR 429 (Wekiva Pkwy) Project

Started by Brian556, January 28, 2015, 07:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

D-Dey65

Shouldn't SR 46 be the priority road here?  It really doesn't make sense that they're re-routing it to end abruptly at it's downgraded suffixed route, even if it makes that sharp right turn. :-/

Brian556

Quote from D-Dey65:
QuoteShouldn't SR 46 be the priority road here?  It really doesn't make sense that they're re-routing it to end abruptly at it's downgraded suffixed route, even if it makes that sharp right turn. :-/

I noticed that...and I agree...that does not seem right.

NE2

Through traffic not sticking to the frontage road will bypass Sorrento and Mount Plymouth on SR 453.
http://wekivaparkway.com/

Post Merge: January 28, 2015, 11:26:35 PM

Anyway, the reason for realigning CR 46A is for the lazy wildlife that can't be arsed to go east to the next underpass.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

rickmastfan67

Quote from: NE2 on January 28, 2015, 11:18:55 PM
Through traffic not sticking to the frontage road will bypass Sorrento and Mount Plymouth on SR 453.
http://wekivaparkway.com/

Hmm, I see on that map there is going to be another new FL Toll route number, 453.  Why couldn't they just continue 414 all the way up?  They have already multiplexed it with 429 to US-441.

NE2

realjd

Quote from: D-Dey65 on January 28, 2015, 10:42:33 PM
Shouldn't SR 46 be the priority road here?  It really doesn't make sense that they're re-routing it to end abruptly at it's downgraded suffixed route, even if it makes that sharp right turn. :-/

IMO that should depend entirely on traffic needs regardless of the highway numbers. If SR46 is the lower volume road, I have no problem with it not being the primary movement through the intersection.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.