News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Florida 569

Started by andycal90, May 25, 2015, 01:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andycal90

I took a little drive down Florida 569 two other days (05/23/2015) and decided to get some pictures. The highway is only about 1¼ miles in lenght.

US 41 comes off Hillsborough and it runs a mile or so down 40th Street, then it cuts over to 50th Street via Melburne Bolevard, and then heads south down 50th. FL 569 runs from the Melbourne interchage south down to where it terminates at FL 60 (Adamo Drive). It used to have interchages with I-4 and the Crosstown, but those have both been removed. The FL 569 portion is a fairly desolate six-lane highway and I'm a little surprised that it still has a state highway designation.

Here's where southbound FL 569 begins. If you look closely at the overhead sign, you can see where they covered up "TO I-4."

Looking south down FL 569. Access to US 41 is from the leftbound turn lane.

Here's a seldom-seen BEGIN FL 569 sign. I imagine that they put this here so that southbound traffic on US 41knows that they have to turn left onto Melburne and get off of 40th Street.

Close-up of the 40th Street overhead showing the covered-up TO I-4 sign.

South of I-4, 40th Street movies over to 39th Street.

This is looking south down FL 569, approaching it's terminus with FL 60 (Adamo Drive).

Straight ahead is an overpass for the Crosstown Expressway. The 39th Street offramp used to be here, tool.

Heading westbound on FL 60 (Adamo Drive), you see this sign at the FL 60/FL 569 interchange.

Looking north up 40th Street. The first FL 569 reassurance shield is just after you turn the corner.

Here's a close-up of the shield.

Here's FL 60 (Adamo Drive) looking west past the FL 569 junction.

And here's FL 60 (Adamo Drive) looking looking east from the same intersection. The Crosstown Expressway and the express ramps are to the right.

Well, that's all I have for this short, fairly inconsequential highway. Comments and feedback are most appreciated.

Alex

I drove and reshot some of Florida 569 last month. The photos are posted at https://www.aaroads.com/guide.php?page=s0569fl

There is still one 2-di width shield along southbound.

Here's what the span wire assembly included along southbound before the Selmon Expressway interchange was removed:

From our archives page for I-4, the old diamond interchange with SR 569:

Eastbound

Westbound

andycal90

Nice archive pictures. I forgot that it was signed on the interstate exit signs. I used to use this ramp quite a bit. I think I still have an old toll booth receipt from the 39th Street exit off the Crosstown. I saw that southbound two-digit shield. Don't know why I didn't pull over for it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.