News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Request for audio of tires on Floridian concrete

Started by Alex4897, April 18, 2016, 05:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex4897

Does anyone happen to have or know the location of a high-quality video, sound clip, etc. of the sound that concrete in Florida makes when you drive over it?  I've been searching for a good clip that I could use to loop in a driving simulator I've been working on, but I've yielded no clips that actually sound good. 

I've been using sound clips from this video as it's the closest I could find to the sound you'd actually hear from within the cabin of a car:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
👉😎👉

Gnutella

Concrete in Florida makes a neat noise. It sounds harmonic, like the tires are playing two different notes.

Henry

Quote from: Gnutella on April 25, 2016, 04:32:56 AM
Concrete in Florida makes a neat noise. It sounds harmonic, like the tires are playing two different notes.
Yes, it does! I wish other states paved their interstates/freeways the same way.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Max Rockatansky

I've always wondered if there was a reason the concrete was like this in Florida?  I noticed that even a lot of the asphalt roads are a lot more firm than in other parts of the country.  A thought that came to might was that it had something to do with the materials the terrain of Florida is made from coupled with the fact that most parts of the state get 50 inches of rain.

Alex

Was thinking of this post while driving on I-275 in Tampa earlier. Wanted to know if you were thinking of the clunking concrete noise you hear on at grade sections or the whirling noise on overpasses and viaducts?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.