News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

PA 28 Construction Updates

Started by PAHighways, November 03, 2009, 08:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strider

Quote from: Bitmapped on December 05, 2017, 11:50:55 AM
Quote from: Mr_Northside on December 04, 2017, 02:49:49 PM
PennDOT to share Route 28 plans with public

Meeting about plans to work on the Highland Park Bridge interchange.  I'm sure I won't attend, but I'm certainly curious as to what exactly they think they will do to achieve 2 thru lanes in each direction.

This project is badly needed. There might be some takings required along 5th Street in Aspinwall, but I don't think it would be that bad to construct some retaining walls so they could add deceleration/acceleration lanes. I can't imagine PennDOT is going to do anything about the left side entrances/exits in this project.

I do hope they do something about the short weaves along the ramps between PA 28 and Freeport Road. Extending the right lane past the split in each direction would help.

Why is 28 reduced to one lane each direction when the lane stripping is made for two? was it used to be 2 lanes each way?

Bitmapped

Quote from: Strider on December 15, 2017, 05:32:25 PM
Quote from: Bitmapped on December 05, 2017, 11:50:55 AM
Quote from: Mr_Northside on December 04, 2017, 02:49:49 PM
PennDOT to share Route 28 plans with public

Meeting about plans to work on the Highland Park Bridge interchange.  I'm sure I won't attend, but I'm certainly curious as to what exactly they think they will do to achieve 2 thru lanes in each direction.

This project is badly needed. There might be some takings required along 5th Street in Aspinwall, but I don't think it would be that bad to construct some retaining walls so they could add deceleration/acceleration lanes. I can't imagine PennDOT is going to do anything about the left side entrances/exits in this project.

I do hope they do something about the short weaves along the ramps between PA 28 and Freeport Road. Extending the right lane past the split in each direction would help.

Why is 28 reduced to one lane each direction when the lane stripping is made for two? was it used to be 2 lanes each way?

It was originally two lanes in each direction through the interchange, but this didn't allow any room for accelerating/decelerating traffic going from/to the Highland Park Bridge. A lot of traffic uses these ramps and it was a safety issue. The project will provide appropriate acceleration/deceleration lanes while allowing for two through lanes on PA 28.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.