News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Boards with the Moderator Position Available

Started by webny99, February 12, 2018, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on February 13, 2018, 11:50:53 AM
Quote from: Alps on February 12, 2018, 10:00:59 PM
No, just go search for the state if you want to post to it. It's usually not the most interesting thread in the board.
Moderator positions are open for those boards. We have nominated people or some people have asked, but in general not enough interest from qualified people.

I'd be willing to do Ohio Valley, since it's my home board, but I would imagine I'm not considered to be "qualified."  :rofl:

Probably OVER qualified. You've been at this hobby long enough, you're like grandpa to these up and coming road enthusiasts  ;)   :-o  :-D  :spin:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on February 14, 2018, 12:35:40 AM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on February 13, 2018, 11:01:57 AM
Quote from: webny99 on February 12, 2018, 08:58:52 PM
Could the general threads for each state be sticky-tacked within their respective boards?

Also, on a more random note, why don't the Mid-South and Ohio Valley boards have moderators?  :D
US71 is well suited for Global and watching Mid-South. Or if you are concerned about it, apply! :D

I'm unofficial on Mid-South. It seems to work. Global I rarely touch except in extreme instances (Marf) or if a quote gets garbled.
I have a question... Is theree jurisdiction when it comes to the Admin, Global, Regional or do you guys step on each others toes for fun?
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Alps

Could the general threads for each state be sticky-tacked within their respective boards?

Also, on a more random note, why don't the Mid-South and Ohio Valley boards have moderators?  :D
US71 is well suited for Global and watching Mid-South. Or if you are concerned about it, apply! :D

I'm unofficial on Mid-South. It seems to work. Global I rarely touch except in extreme instances (Marf) or if a quote gets garbled. 
:-D :-D :-D :-D You are one of the two who overmoderates from a global position IMO. But hey, if we all agreed, the forum would only be made up of like-minded people.

US71

Quote from: Alps on February 14, 2018, 12:42:55 AM

:-D :-D :-D :-D You are one of the two who overmoderates from a global position IMO. But hey, if we all agreed, the forum would only be made up of like-minded people.

I'm not going to get into a shit throwing match, but as I've said before, if there's a problem let me know.

Henry

Quote from: 1 on February 13, 2018, 09:11:54 PM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on February 13, 2018, 09:04:19 PM
Quote from: webny99 on February 13, 2018, 08:43:17 PM
Quote from: 1 on February 13, 2018, 04:35:28 PM
I am willing to be a moderator for Fictional Highways.

Now that I would consider qualifying for  ;-)
Still interested in knowing what it takes to qualify.
Why not make FritzOwl the moderator of Fictional Highways?

His approval rating is probably not high enough. (Of course, since I'm running for the same position, I may be biased.)
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for the moderator position of Fictional Highways as well.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

webny99

Quote from: Henry on February 14, 2018, 10:01:46 AM
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for the moderator position of Fictional Highways as well.
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 13, 2018, 10:17:40 PM
Just a word of advice. None of the current Admin/Mod crew got their positions by asking for them.They were invited.

hbelkins

Quote from: US71 on February 14, 2018, 12:40:37 AM
No, just go search for the state if you want to post to it. It's usually not the most interesting thread in the board.
Moderator positions are open for those boards. We have nominated people or some people have asked, but in general not enough interest from qualified people.

I'd be willing to do Ohio Valley, since it's my home board, but I would imagine I'm not considered to be "qualified."  :rofl:

Probably OVER qualified. You've been at this hobby long enough, you're like grandpa to these up and coming road enthusiasts  ;)   :-o  :-D  :spin:

And you're not? LOL. We're two of the old-timers around here.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on February 14, 2018, 10:34:52 AM
Quote from: US71 on February 14, 2018, 12:40:37 AM

And you're not? LOL. We're two of the old-timers around here.

You were active in the hobby before I was, dad ;)

froggie

jeffandnicole

Quote from: webny99 on February 13, 2018, 09:19:35 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on February 13, 2018, 09:05:33 PM
Maybe one day you will receive a message from Alex or someone referencing your qualifications.

I doubt it  :rofl:
I'm just not the right type of person to be a moderator. My personal feelings might tend to get in the way, not to mention that I'd have way too much fun using purple text  :-P

And take note: When shit like that happens, people don't tend to say Webny99 over-moderates, people say the board is over-moderated, and puts all moderators under the spotlight.  Even if the other moderators decide to kick the over-moderating moderator off, the damage is done.

My personal view is that I wouldn't want to be a moderator, because unless it's my personal name and address posted, I don't really care what's said, even if the other person strongly disagrees with me, and the thread that shall not be named would still be active.. 

I also like extra-sloppy buttery popcorn when the threads are overly entertaining.   :popcorn:

Roadgeekteen

I could never be a mod. I would be way to lenient on posts because of my curiosity.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hbelkins

Quote from: US71 on February 14, 2018, 10:57:17 AM

Seriously? Could've sworn we were both there for the very early stages of MTR.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on February 14, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

Jeremy introduced me to MTR. Not sure when.

Beltway

Quote from: hbelkins on February 14, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

My interest in highways dates from 1969, observing the I-95 Shirley Highway reconstruction. 

Be curious to know about others!
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

webny99

Quote from: Beltway on February 14, 2018, 11:04:09 PM
My interest in highways dates from 1969, observing the I-95 Shirley Highway reconstruction. 

That might be worthy of its own thread, and is possibly even a topic that we have had threads on in the past.

Me personally, I don't remember ever not being a roadgeek. I've always loved family trips, and remember asking my dad once at like six or seven years old if there were any six-lane portions of the thruway  :-D

Beltway

Quote from: webny99 on February 14, 2018, 11:11:45 PM
That might be worthy of its own thread, and is possibly even a topic that we have had threads on in the past.
Me personally, I don't remember ever not being a roadgeek. I've always loved family trips, and remember asking my dad once at like six or seven years old if there were any six-lane portions of the thruway  :-D

I didn't pay much attention to highway details until I started driving.  I had a bunch of other hobbies in childhood, some of the biggest were aviation, military history, chemistry and golf.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US71

Quote from: webny99 on February 14, 2018, 11:11:45 PM

I think we've already done something like that.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.