News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

People who yell out, "Hoolg! Hoolg!"

Started by bandit957, May 06, 2018, 05:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

I vaguely remember that when I was growing up (I was maybe 12 or 13), there was a kid (I don't remember if he was a classmate or a neighbor kid) who used to yell out, "Hoolg! Hoolg!" He was supposedly a normal, well-adjusted kid, but every so often, for no apparent reason, he declared, "Hoolg!"

Have any of you ever done this?
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Brandon

Must just be around you.  Never heard it, never did it, never heard of it till your post.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

webny99

Quote from: Takumi on May 06, 2018, 07:33:53 PM
I think he was choking.

... and attempting to call "help", no doubt?

Scott5114

He was probably chewing gum somewhere he wasn't allowed to. Was he shaped like a Speak'n'Spell?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Is it bad that the title and OP made me start laughing?

Nope, never heard of the "hoolg" personally, although random dabbing (which I still don't get) is just as bad and has been going on among the born-in-the-00s generation for what seems like well over a year now.
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

abefroman329

Maybe he was just working on his Professor Backwards impression.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: kphoger on May 07, 2018, 01:41:33 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on May 06, 2018, 05:12:08 PM
Have any of you ever done this?
No.

Well, now I've just done it, for the sake of being the first here to do it. :sombrero:

adventurernumber1

Quote from: 20160805 on May 07, 2018, 07:18:01 AM
Nope, never heard of the "hoolg" personally, although random dabbing (which I still don't get) is just as bad and has been going on among the born-in-the-00s generation for what seems like well over a year now.

From what I can gather, Bono did the first dab in history - almost 30 years ago.  :biggrin:  :-P

See here, and skip to 0:17:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrch66gdjjk
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

bugo

No but I heard somebody yell "Poolog! Poolog!" in North Carolina once.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.