News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

How tall is everyone??

Started by paulthemapguy, May 16, 2018, 01:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNHighwayMan

plain

Quote from: US71 on May 17, 2018, 07:28:46 PM
Tie it to a cat ;)

Lmao this reminds me of something that happened back in the day at my grandmother's house.

When my cousin was living there, he got in some trouble and was given house arrest. He managed to take the ankle monitor off and put it around the neck of one of my grandmother's cats so he can go out that night. The problem was the cat eventually went off into the woods...

I'm pretty sure you know who was waiting for him when he got home :spin:
Newark born, Richmond bred

freebrickproductions

Quote from: webny99 on May 17, 2018, 11:45:41 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on May 17, 2018, 09:29:13 AM
Quote from: webny99 on May 16, 2018, 10:06:16 PM
"which side of your toast do you butter?"
It doesn't matter, since whenever I drop it, it lands butter-side down.

In which case, you butter both sides. Then you're guaranteed to drop it, but at least one buttered side will still be intact.

Tie it to a cat ;)

Actually, both of those situations would cause the toast (and cat, if included) to hover above the ground, revolving at a steadily increasing rate until the point where it's moving above the speed of light.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

HazMatt

Quote from: LM117 on May 17, 2018, 04:35:09 PM
About tree fiddy.

So about 8 stories tall and a crustacean from the protozoic era?

adventurernumber1

Quote from: webny99 on May 17, 2018, 11:45:41 AM

In which case, you butter both sides. Then you're guaranteed to drop it, but at least one buttered side will still be intact.

Unless in the rare case where the toast lands rightside up, in which case, both buttered sides of the toast will be salvaged. The probability of achieving this increases as your speed in goats per mile (gpm) decreases.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

US71

Quote from: plain on May 17, 2018, 09:02:05 PM
Tie it to a cat ;)

Lmao this reminds me of something that happened back in the day at my grandmother's house.

When my cousin was living there, he got in some trouble and was given house arrest. He managed to take the ankle monitor off and put it around the neck of one of my grandmother's cats so he can go out that night. The problem was the cat eventually went off into the woods...

Points for creativity :bigass:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kurumi

About 1,000 of me would equal the length of Connecticut Route 125
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

jeffandnicole

Quote from: US71 on May 18, 2018, 11:31:09 AM
Tie it to a cat ;)

Points for creativity :bigass:

Fines and Days too. LOL

J N Winkler

In my case:  US average adult male height plus two inches.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

kphoger

Tie it to a cat ;)

The cat?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

plain

Quote from: kphoger on May 18, 2018, 02:37:23 PM
Tie it to a cat ;)

The cat?

He wished lmao
Newark born, Richmond bred

LM117

Quote from: HazMatt on May 18, 2018, 08:57:22 AM
Quote from: LM117 on May 17, 2018, 04:35:09 PM
About tree fiddy.

So about 8 stories tall and a crustacean from the protozoic era?

Give or take a few.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Hurricane Rex

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

Buck87

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: kurumi on May 18, 2018, 11:59:13 AM
About 1,000 of me would equal the length of Connecticut Route 125

11 1/2 of me would equal the length of VT 26
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

jwolfer

I am 6'1"

Any more stats it will be like Grindr

Z981

US71

Quote from: jwolfer on May 21, 2018, 02:00:14 PM
I am 6'1"

You can (a) not answer or (b) lie
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jwolfer

I don't mind answering.. making a joke..

Z981

formulanone

Quote from: US71 on May 21, 2018, 02:49:26 PM
Quote from: jwolfer on May 21, 2018, 02:00:14 PM
I am 6'1"

You can (a) not answer or (b) lie

He is a chiropractor, so I suppose he can make folks infinitesimally taller or shorter.

paulthemapguy

Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

stormwatch7721

inkyatari

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

bugo

I'm 6'4" (193 cm). I'm the tallest person in my immediate family. Both of my parents are short at 5'9" and none of my grandparents were tall. My uncle was 6'5" before he shrunk and 2 of my cousins are 6'1" or 6'2" but everybody else in my family is under 6'. Being tall is cool, but it has its disadvantages. I often hit my head on door jambs and ceiling fans. I have to duck to go through some doors. My feet hang off twin and "full" sized beds and I can't stretch out on most couches. Riding in cars can be annoying. The front seat of many cars is cramped, and sitting in the back seat of a lot of cars is simply impossible. I also tend to scare girls off because I'm tall and bald and weigh 260 pounds. It's nice at concerts because I can see over just about everyone's heads, but when somebody decides to crowd surf I have to be very careful to avoid getting kicked in the head. It's difficult to find clothes that fit in normal clothing stores. I have short legs and a long torso, so buying jeans is easy but most shirts are too short. I wear 3xl T-shirts even though they're really too wide for me. I could shop at big and tall stores, but they're so damn expensive and I can't afford to. It sucks when buying shirts at concerts because they often don't carry shirts in my size and they often cost $5 more than small through large when they do have them. It's nearly impossible to blend into crowds. That being said, I wouldn't trade it for anything but it isn't all rainbows and unicorns up here.

Most road enthusiasts tend to be short. I only know of a few who are significantly taller than I am.

wxfree

If my height were measured the way Texas measured its roads, with the count beginning 34 inches above the top of my head, and a reference marker placed every 2 inches starting at the top of my head, and about every 30 inches two of those marker are less than 2 inches apart, the last marker, on my foot a little above the ground, would be about 118, considering that a marker placed at the starting point above my head is marked 10.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.