AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Capital Area Road and Bridge District (Baton Rouge area)  (Read 478 times)

jbnv

• Visionary

• Last Login: November 14, 2018, 04:47:48 PM
    • Personal Site
Capital Area Road and Bridge District (Baton Rouge area)
« on: May 18, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »

From the Business Report:

The House and Senate overwhelmingly approved Senate Bill 496—creating a five-parish regional authority that, among other things, will be tasked with finding a way to finance a new bridge—and sent it to Gov. John Bel Edwards’ desk for final approval. The governor is expected to make a decision next week, and the prospects look favorable.

The regional authority, dubbed the Capital Area Road and Bridge District, would have the power to implement tolls, impose parcel fees or levy taxes—subject to voter approval in [East Baton Rouge Parish and the surrounding parishes]. The district’s seven-member board of commissioners will be tasked with devising funding and infrastructure plans, which must include a new bridge.
Keep Clearview, lose the government bureaucracies and the politicians who enable them.
US Redo | Louisiana Redo | Route Challenge | Photos

Anthony_JK

• Last Login: November 14, 2018, 12:49:48 PM
Re: Capital Area Road and Bridge District (Baton Rouge area)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »

I'm wondering if this new authority will also be responsible for developing the proposed Baton Rouge Loop tollway and/or the proposed Westbank and BUMP corridors as well as the new Mississippi River bridge.

Meanwhile...I-49 South/US 90/Lafayette Connector still sits there, waiting its turn at the funding table...

froggie

• Last Login: November 14, 2018, 10:09:53 PM
    • Froggie's Place
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 12:00:55 PM »

Could make a stronger argument for either another Baton Rouge span or a parallel I-10 span than for I-49.

brownpelican

• Last Login: October 21, 2018, 03:36:29 PM
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 10:46:39 AM »

I'm wondering if this new authority will also be responsible for developing the proposed Baton Rouge Loop tollway and/or the proposed Westbank and BUMP corridors as well as the new Mississippi River bridge.

I would imagine so.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.