News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What is with I-35 north of OKC?

Started by texaskdog, June 11, 2018, 01:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texaskdog

The road is so bumpy the first time I drove it I thought I had a flat.  Every year I drive on it and it is once again not fixed.  It is an 8.2 mile stretch from I-44 heading west to OK 66.  It's very close to OKC so I don't understand why they don't fix it. 

bugo

rte66man

Quote from: texaskdog on June 11, 2018, 01:39:55 PM
The road is so bumpy the first time I drove it I thought I had a flat.  Every year I drive on it and it is once again not fixed.  It is an 8.2 mile stretch from I-44 heading west to OK 66.  It's very close to OKC so I don't understand why they don't fix it. 

They are fixing it. Assuming you are referring to the stretch north from NW 122nd to Edmond.  They are replacing concrete and doing a(nother) dowel bar retrofit.  Once done with that part, they will do a(nother) diamond grind to remove the rough parts.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

texaskdog

Quote from: rte66man on June 13, 2018, 09:06:31 PM
Quote from: texaskdog on June 11, 2018, 01:39:55 PM

They are fixing it. Assuming you are referring to the stretch north from NW 122nd to Edmond.  They are replacing concrete and doing a(nother) dowel bar retrofit.  Once done with that part, they will do a(nother) diamond grind to remove the rough parts.

Finally, they had orange cones up on part of it.  I can't believe they let it get to that point.

rte66man

ODOT announced today that the diamond grinding has been moved up to start in about 2 weeks.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

DJStephens

Likely deep clays underlying this roadway.  Have to question the wisdom of choosing rigid pavement on expansive soils.   

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.