News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

MN-13 by the wildlife sanctuary

Started by DJ Particle, September 06, 2018, 06:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Particle

I noticed last time I was on MN-13 by the sanctuary south of I-494...they seem to be grading what looks like new divided southbound lanes, as if filling in the gap in the divided expressway.

Am I doing wishful thinking, or is that exactly what I think it looks like?

Roadguy

Quote from: DJ Particle on September 06, 2018, 06:26:02 AM
I noticed last time I was on MN-13 by the sanctuary south of I-494...they seem to be grading what looks like new divided southbound lanes, as if filling in the gap in the divided expressway.

Am I doing wishful thinking, or is that exactly what I think it looks like?

Wishful thinking: https://www.co.dakota.mn.us/Transportation/CurrentConstruction/MinnesotaRiverBRRT/Pages/default.aspx just a trail project.  That section of TH13 has such low volumes (less than 10,000 ADT) it is doubtful they will ever expand it to four lanes.  If anything an expansion to a three lane section (one lane each way with center left turn lane) makes more sense due to all of the access points and local street connections.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.