News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Maricopa Road and AZ 238

Started by Max Rockatansky, October 24, 2018, 12:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Came across photos that I had in my files of Maricopa Road east of AZ 85 in Sonoran Desert National Monument.  If I recall correctly the current AZ 85 meets Maricopa Road on an interchange built circa 2011-2012 which was signed as "To AZ 238."   I never could track down what the numbering convention between AZ 238 and AZ 347 was, the former still oddly ends just west of Mobile:

https://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2018/10/national-park-wednesday-maricopa-road.html

Zonie

SR 347 was derived from the FHWA secondary route number when it was a two-lane road from Maricopa to the Chandler area.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Zonie on October 26, 2018, 12:23:59 PM
SR 347 was derived from the FHWA secondary route number when it was a two-lane road from Maricopa to the Chandler area.

No kidding, at least it comes from somewhere.  It's too bad Arizona couldn't stick to its original numbering convention or at least update for the Interstate era.  The new route numbers coming out feel out of place IMO. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.