News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Southeast / Re: Florida
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 11:12:32 PM
New Gateway Express photos taken two days ago.

Pacific Southwest / Re: Westside Parkway & Centenn...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 11:07:39 PM
Pfft.  What I get from that video is that Californian drivers are idiots.  Lane posts are clear, signage is fine as is...
Northeast / Re: Massachusetts
Last post by pderocco - Today at 11:07:35 PM
I have a vague memory of seeing POINTS NORTH on some BGS in Massachusetts when I was young, probably in Boston.
Pacific Southwest / Re: Westside Parkway & Centenn...
Last post by Sani - Today at 11:00:21 PM
Local news went all Dateline on the poor project manager for Caltrans. Even printed out and strung up a bunch of unanswered emails, trying to look like Bakersfield's own Woodward and Bernstein.

Southeast / Re: Interstate 42
Last post by sprjus4 - Today at 10:55:34 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on Today at 04:49:16 PMWait, Morehead City is a town of 8600 people?! How the fuck does that warrant an Interstate?
Yeah, there's a lot more in that area, let alone the traffic volumes, that warrants an interstate highway, or at minimum a fully controlled access highway.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by jeffandnicole - Today at 10:49:28 PM
Quote from: Henry on Today at 09:59:20 PMThey ought to tear down the fucking bridge right now, and build a new one in its place; the remainder doesn't look safe to me, not even as a fishing pier.

How was the remainder of the bridge affected by the collapse? The pier hit was holding up the structure that collapsed. The approaches were unaffected.
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 10:48:05 PM
Being Moorehead City has ports alone qualifies it to be interstate worthy. It ships goods in and out hence why the feds would welcome it. If it benefits the economy it's worth the money to create.
General Highway Talk / Re: Canadian MUTCD???
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 10:46:12 PM
Quote from: Henry on Today at 09:48:14 PM*QC:

*--online only, with no PDFs available
I've got a PDF.
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: Henry on Today at 10:03:28 PM
Quote from: wdcrft63 on Today at 06:03:43 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on Today at 04:49:16 PMWait, Morehead City is a town of 8600 people?! How the fuck does that warrant an Interstate?
A town of 8600 people would not normally need interstate access. However Morehead City is a port and the center of the Crystal Coast beach resort area. Also the I-42 route serves two major military bases, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base and the Marine Corps Air Station at Cherry Point. There's also some precedent for interstates going to beach resort areas: I-495 in Massachusetts (to Cape Cod) and I-195 in New Jersey (to the Jersey Shore resorts).
BTW, I-40 was originally planned to go to Morehead City until Wilmington lobbied harder to be the terminus, which explains the unusual north-south alignment that connects to Raleigh. But I-42 is a nice consolation prize to have, because better late than never.
To be fair, Wilmington was already a city of around 50k people by the time an I-40 extension got approved.
Southeast / Re: Florida
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 10:40:19 PM

Neat gantry here that FDOT hasn't used in years.  I-275 NB in St. Pete.

BTW trying to insert pictures to this new format and instead I got my post duplicated.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.