Proposed Jan. 2010 DFW meet

Started by Scott5114, September 12, 2009, 02:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Echoing G.R. Van, who posted on MTR a possible meet around January 2, 2010.

Link to MTR post
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hbelkins

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 12, 2009, 02:50:26 PM
Echoing G.R. Van, who posted on MTR a possible meet around January 2, 2010.

Link to MTR post

As I posted there, I might be up for this, especially since my wife got back last weekend from a trip that included a trip to DFW, the first time either of us had been in Texas. A lot of it is weather-dependent, since western Kentucky, west Tennessee and Arkansas have been more prone to wintry weather the last few years than we have in the hills and mountains of eastern Kentucky.

If I did come, my plan of attack would probably be to head out the first and drive to Texarkana or thereabouts via I-40 through Tennessee to Little Rock, and get a room for two nights. I'd then motor on down to the DFW meet and head back to Texarkana afterwards. Next day I'd find a different route home from Little Rock, probably US 67 north to either US 62 or US 60.

A lot depends on the weather and other factors, but I'd be game at first glance.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Scott5114

Quote from: hbelkins on September 12, 2009, 03:02:19 PM
If I did come, my plan of attack would probably be to head out the first and drive to Texarkana or thereabouts via I-40 through Tennessee to Little Rock, and get a room for two nights. I'd then motor on down to the DFW meet and head back to Texarkana afterwards. Next day I'd find a different route home from Little Rock, probably US 67 north to either US 62 or US 60.

That would clinch I-30 for you.  :nod: Lucky you, getting an x0 marked off your list! (Although it is the most pathetic x0... :P )
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

okroads

I would love to attend this, but I will be on the way back from San Diego on this day. :(

Darkchylde

I don't think I can make it. My Civic is still being repaired and my Buick's screwing up bad.

US71

Unlikely. Tempting, but unlikely.  :no:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.