News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Highway Talk / Re: Drastic Differences in Lan...
Last post by StogieGuy7 - July 16, 2024, 04:36:51 PM
What about Los Angeles? You've got urban high-rises, dense residential areas, multiple mountain ranges with wilderness areas, beaches (both urban beaches and wilder ones), coastal areas with eucalyptus trees, and even some desert areas. I'd say that's a pretty broad spectrum.
Off-Topic / Re: Road Rage
Last post by triplemultiplex - July 16, 2024, 04:30:34 PM
I've never encountered road rage before like three years ago.  Now I'm seeing it regularly.  Impatient, entitled, adult babies with zero self awareness and fragile egos.  (And no doubt, sexually impotent/incompetent.)

Some genetic dead-end didn't like that I wasn't speeding fast enough while passing a truck in the left lane over the fourth and starts flashing his widdle lights and swerving back and forth in the lane until I completed my pass.  Then he did that fake "I'm gonna side-swipe you" bullshit before speeding off at like 90.  Didn't even give the fucker the time of day.  If he had hit me with his temper tantrum, it would all have been on the trucker's dash cam.

Felt pretty smug about not taking little rage monkey's bait there.
Off-Topic / Re: Cecil County, MD
Last post by epzik8 - July 16, 2024, 04:14:59 PM
Quote from: Alex on July 16, 2024, 07:26:11 AMHad friends and family in Cecil County and networks from both Baltimore and Philadelphia were on cable TV. I also recall TV stations from Baltimore being harder to receive with an antenna then Philly. Though the houses where I spent time were in the Elkton area as opposed to Rising Sun or Perryville.
So one could easily follow Philly sports there.

In some ways, western Cecil is more metro Baltimore, and the true line between that and the Philly metro cuts through the middle of the county.
General Highway Talk / Re: Lowest numbered route you ...
Last post by JayhawkCO - July 16, 2024, 04:13:47 PM
My number is now 4. I was visiting my parents in Florida and took a picture of the beach which includes a bit of FLA1A. I also have some pics from TCH2 in New Brunswick and some along AK3. Can't think of a 4 though.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: District of Columbia
Last post by TheStranger - July 16, 2024, 04:09:31 PM
There are existing plans to reconfigure the North Capitol/Irving cloverleaf into a series of conventional intersections:
https://planning.dc.gov/page/north-capitol-crossroads
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Wisconsin notes
Last post by triplemultiplex - July 16, 2024, 03:35:10 PM
I haven't been over that way in a while, so I was surprised to see US 10 and US 45 aren't posted for 70 mph NW and west of Oshkosh/Appleton.  Pretty glaring omission, in my opinion.
If US 14 between Oregon and Madison is good enough for 70 than surely these freeways are.
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by Henry - July 16, 2024, 03:27:25 PM
VA 199:

General Highway Talk / Re: Freeway off-ramps that exi...
Last post by Henry - July 16, 2024, 03:26:00 PM
Here in Seattle, the western terminus of WA 520 has an exit to Roanoke Street incorporated into the onramp to NB I-5.
General Highway Talk / Re: Lowest numbered route you ...
Last post by 74/171FAN - July 16, 2024, 03:24:54 PM
Quote from: Hunty2022 on July 16, 2024, 03:20:59 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 16, 2024, 07:48:23 AMMy number for this is 388.

Maybe you need to borrow my VA-388 rectangle sign I bought last October  :-D

I thought I may have photographed Route 388 on the streetblade there, but I guess not.  I also expect to have a PA 388 photo at some point.
Weather / Re: What's your weather curren...
Last post by Hunty2022 - July 16, 2024, 03:22:21 PM
We've hit triple digits!!! It's 100 and partly cloudy!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.