News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Recent posts

Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by formulanone - June 15, 2024, 01:47:06 PM
Ohio 94 > Ohio 176 > Texas 176 on I-20

Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Gordie Howe Bridge (US-Can...
Last post by CtrlAltDel - June 15, 2024, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: vdeane on June 15, 2024, 01:25:49 PM
Quote from: ilpt4u on June 15, 2024, 12:56:34 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on June 15, 2024, 12:39:17 PMI'm hearing recent chatter that the people who are building that bridge now need passports or NEXIS cards to work on that job site.  Is this true?

Mike
Don't know. Canadian and US border agencies are now onsite at the work zone, since it is now an active border crossing

Whether workers require a passport (book/card) I don't know. Wouldn't shock me, tho. But if you stay on "your" side of the boundry line I wouldn't think a passport required, but I simply don't have the required knowledge to comment intelligently
Wouldn't it be more logical to treat it like the Peace Arch or the Haskell Free Library and Opera House?  As in, you can cross as much as you need within the work zone no questions asked, but must exit on the same side you entered.

This article I found states:
QuoteAs the bridge is technically now an international crossing, Canada Border Services Agency and United States Customs and Border Protection officials are now on the ground on site, clearing workers to do their jobs.

"Our team that's working on the bridge and that international zone has to go through the checkpoints where they're showing their documents just like you and I present at the border crossings that are in place now," Henderson said.

That would seem to suggest passports, but perhaps something less formal might be allowed as well.
General Highway Talk / Re: License Plate News
Last post by CtrlAltDel - June 15, 2024, 01:31:18 PM
It essentially says that the #AAA### series will likely be exhausted by the end of 2025 instead of 2027 as originally forecast. It also mentions that the new series will be ###AAA#.
Sports / Re: General NBA thread
Last post by mgk920 - June 15, 2024, 01:28:13 PM
You're entitled to an 'off day' every now and then.  That's why it is a 'best four of seven' series and not 'one and done'.

Mike
Last post by vdeane - June 15, 2024, 01:25:49 PM
Quote from: ilpt4u on June 15, 2024, 12:56:34 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on June 15, 2024, 12:39:17 PMI'm hearing recent chatter that the people who are building that bridge now need passports or NEXIS cards to work on that job site.  Is this true?

Mike
Don't know. Canadian and US border agencies are now onsite at the work zone, since it is now an active border crossing

Whether workers require a passport (book/card) I don't know. Wouldn't shock me, tho. But if you stay on "your" side of the boundry line I wouldn't think a passport required, but I simply don't have the required knowledge to comment intelligently
Wouldn't it be more logical to treat it like the Peace Arch or the Haskell Free Library and Opera House?  As in, you can cross as much as you need within the work zone no questions asked, but must exit on the same side you entered.
Photos, Videos, and More / Re: New York State Roads
Last post by vdeane - June 15, 2024, 01:10:22 PM
Quote from: dgolub on June 15, 2024, 08:32:26 AMalthough my view counts seem to have mysteriously dropped by more than 50% earlier this year
Funnily enough, that happened to me the week before this happened.  I assumed that it was just because that week was a small update consisting entirely of rainy day Qu├ębec photos, but maybe not.
General Highway Talk / Re: I'm so old that...
Last post by CoreySamson - June 15, 2024, 12:59:05 PM
I am pretty young, so I haven't seen as much as y'all have, but I do remember I-10 being only two lanes in Baton Rouge directly east out of the I-10/12 split (plus diagrammatic signs and no Clearview at the time). I also remember a time when the Sam Houston Parkway was not completely limited-access yet.
Last post by ilpt4u - June 15, 2024, 12:56:34 PM

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.