Zagat names In-N-Out Double-Double best burger in L.A.

Started by cpzilliacus, August 26, 2014, 11:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

L.A. Times: Zagat names In-N-Out Double-Double best burger in L.A. Do you agree?

QuoteSoCal natives can agree the In-N-Out Double-Double is a really good burger. It's two patties, two slices of American cheese, lettuce, tomato, grilled or raw onions, and the chain's special spread, also known as Thousand Island dressing. But is it the best burger in L.A.?

QuoteIn yet another best-of list you'll want to read, Zagat named the Double-Double the best burger in the city. Yes, that's over the coveted Father's Office burger, the ketchup-leather-topped burger at Plan Check, the Five Guys Burger with its cult following and the Habit burger, recently named the best burger in America by Consumer Reports.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Duke87

In-N-Out is certainly a distinct experience ambiance-wise but as fast food goes I find them to be only average in terms of taste appeal.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

nexus73

Habit Burger won Consumer Report's taste test.

http://www.habitburger.com/

I still like the fresh taste "pop" one gets from I-N-O though!  They are that good.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Rainking75

realjd

In-N-Out is good but I prefer Five Guys for the topping list. Both are good though.

agentsteel53

In N Out food is probably the best chain burger, but the service times are abominable.  if I'm going to wait 20 minutes for food, then the least I can do is have a seat and waiter service.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

golden eagle

6a

I have heard soooo many things about them, but I have never eaten there. Double shame since my wife's family lives in CA.

Thing 342

I thought the In-N-Out burger I had on my last trip to CA was decent, however, I've had better.

golden eagle

Are there In-N-Out joints in the Sacramento area? I'm going out there next week.

SSOWorld

Quote from: golden eagle on August 29, 2014, 12:00:08 AM
Are there In-N-Out joints in the Sacramento area? I'm going out there next week.
In-N-Out is all over there - the chain pretty much paints California yellow, red and animal...

https://www.google.com/maps/preview?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&q=in-n-out+sacramento&hq=in+n+out&hnear=0x809ac672b28397f9:0x921f6aaa74197fdb,sacramento&ei=9v3_U_6pDpCRgwS5mIBQ&ved=0CJ8BEMgT
(LMGTFY) :awesomeface:

The chain's very popular in the state and has spread east a bit into AZ and NV (I'm not familiar with its movement north or further east but last I heard there are a few as far east as Texas (San Antonio or Houston?)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: realjd on August 27, 2014, 08:50:50 PM
In-N-Out is good but I prefer Five Guys for the topping list. Both are good though.

I am familiar with both (Five Guys got its start across the creek in Arlington County, Virginia).

No dislike of Five Guys at all, but given a choice (and I am not eating either right now) I prefer In-N-Out.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Road Hog

Quote from: SSOWorld on August 29, 2014, 12:18:51 AM
Quote from: golden eagle on August 29, 2014, 12:00:08 AM
In-N-Out is all over there - the chain pretty much paints California yellow, red and animal...

https://www.google.com/maps/preview?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&q=in-n-out+sacramento&hq=in+n+out&hnear=0x809ac672b28397f9:0x921f6aaa74197fdb,sacramento&ei=9v3_U_6pDpCRgwS5mIBQ&ved=0CJ8BEMgT
(LMGTFY) :awesomeface:

The chain's very popular in the state and has spread east a bit into AZ and NV (I'm not familiar with its movement north or further east but last I heard there are a few as far east as Texas (San Antonio or Houston?)

There are about two dozen in Texas, mostly around DFW but a few in the Austin area as well. Their first Texas store opened in 2011. I try to make it to one every couple of weeks. Very good in small doses.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.