News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

My first car

Started by ozarkman417, September 10, 2019, 10:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkman417

While this board is still on the topic of the Camry & Accord, I thought I would add something about my first car. My first/current car is a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica SUV, with the touring trim. On the outside it is a greenish-gray, and the exterior is a whole lot better than the interior... Plastic dash that almost looks like it is popping off, cloth seats that won't move forward/backward (which is the reason I can't even drive it just yet, as I can't reach the pedals comfortably). Lastly, it's black, my least favorite color when it comes to cars.

Some Specs: A 250HP V6 (a number four-cylinders can achieve quite easily nowadays) with Front-WD, and approximately 89,000 miles (quite low for a 2005, about 6k a year).

I'm not the only one who will be using this car, as I have a twin brother (he still doesn't have his permit) who is an astronomy geek. Between me being a roadgeek (to some extent) and him being an astronomy geek, quite a few miles will packed in to this thing by the time I'm 18. This brings up an issue that will cause some conflict in the future: Who keeps the car? The original plan was to sell that car and buy my brother and I an older pickup, but it would be hard to even make this car sellable. The car hasn't been used in months since my dad (the original (and technically speaking, current) owner) bought a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum at the beginning of the year.

(Pictures will be added later.. not only do I need to take the pictures, but typing on PC and uploading pics on phone/tapatalk is the way to go) 

ozarkman417

I had to get tapatalk VIP free trial to do this.

I may also get a backup camera for it.

TravelingBethelite

Hey, I just got my first car too! I picked up a 2005 Chevy Classic (a Malibu sold on the rental market, e.g. Hertz) for $1000. It's a 4 cylinder with a 2.2 liter engine. The transmission is taking some getting used to because its a 4-speed, but I'll take what I can get. Runs great, only reason it was cheap was I bought it with almost 240k miles. Runs very smoothly, tires were replaced in March, just replaced the oil...I'm very happy with I got. The sense of freedom it gives you can not be underestimated.

It's a very average car...a very average 1st car even more so, but I took what I could get. It even has a very unique scent in the interior, which I can't pinpoint, but something about the smell strikes me as very fitting for a ~15 year old sedan. I don't mind it, the scent's not unpleasant and its not overpowering either.

I may also add photos later...
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Max Rockatansky

My first car was a 1992 Pontiac Sun Bird.  I wanted a Monte Carlo SS or Beretta Z34 but all I could find for my budget was said Sun Bird which fortunately had the 3.1L LH0 V6.  Considering it was 1996 when I bought the Sun Bird it really wasn't all that old and didn't have many problems, just high mileage.  I did have to repaint the interior of one of the door and fix an electrical short in the headlight, fortunately my Dad and I were skilled enough to do both in the garage.  I ended up selling that Sun Bird to my Dad in 01 when I moved to Phoenix, he drove it another four years when he worked in Chicago. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.