News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Asking this based on the response.

Would people prefer if I moved this to June 22?
Northeast / Re: New York
Last post by vdeane - Today at 08:40:17 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 11:30:38 AMWhy do they Even bother with tunnel options since we know, especially given a lot of posters here Who just go with the status quo of oh, it's too expensive. Doesn't make sense blah, blah blah.
DOTs need to study every option, even if unlikely to be implemented, in order to document everything related to it and support why it wasn't chosen.  Otherwise someone will say "why didn't you look at [insert option here]" and the project will get delayed to study it later.
Pacific Southwest / Re: Interstate 11 alignment, t...
Last post by cahwyguy - Today at 08:35:44 PM
Quote from: silverback1065 on Today at 05:10:36 PMchargeable?  :hmmm:  what does that mean?

I have a good explanation at https://www.cahighways.org/itypes-history.html for California.
Also that stadium will have a more lucky location than the Richfield coliseum has.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOQ8bv4TLvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtQ7sLuYOKg
Southeast / Re: Interstate 87 (NC-VA)
Last post by NJRoadfan - Today at 08:15:25 PM
They have been working on Exit 463 for awhile now. Yes, it will be a wider overpass with plenty of room for shoulders on US-64.
Off-Topic / Re: Changing one letter of a t...
Last post by freebrickproductions - Today at 08:06:02 PM
Quote from: Big John on May 01, 2024, 09:49:51 AMThe GMT thread - A timely matter.

It would get locked exactly 7 posts in due to derailing into a daylights savings time discussion by the second or third post.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: District of Columbia
Last post by davewiecking - Today at 07:54:49 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on Today at 08:32:40 AMWTOP has an article about which DC speed cameras issue the most tickets.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the busiest one is on eastbound (really northbound at that particular spot) I-66 right after you come out of the short tunnel under Virginia Avenue. The road is four lanes wide with a 40-mph speed limit.

Great hiding place. That's a stretch of highway I'd normally be traversing at about 70mph. Trying to remember if I took that route home when I went to a Nat's game last month-probably not due to the lack of a ticket in the mail.
There's one in Arkansas on US 67 just south of the Missouri border.
Northeast / Re: What is it with I-95 & bri...
Last post by SectorZ - Today at 07:30:20 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on Today at 07:11:20 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on Today at 06:08:26 PM
Quote from: abqtraveler on Today at 04:11:40 PM
Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on Today at 03:29:36 PMWell, it looks like CTDOT will have to replace the bridge with Federal Emergency money.
Congress is going to have to appropriate more emergency funding with all of the bridges that have been destroyed or failed lately. 

Yet another incident caused by an entity and yet somehow the taxpayers will pay for it.
Right?! Whenever this shit happens, whoever is responsible should pay for it.

Exactly. My state has had multiple instances of trucks wailing on overpasses too low for their overheight loads, and not only are they not paying the state doesn't even repair them for years.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/two-lanes-restored-around-roosevelt-circle-after-bridge-struck-by-truck/37115795

Case in point, truck hit overpass three years ago with an overheight load that was specifically routed to avoid it, and three years later no repairs have been made. It looks like ass and I'm waiting for someone to defeat the jersey barrier and land on I-93 underneath.
Mid-South / Re: I-14 in Texas
Last post by MaxConcrete - Today at 07:20:48 PM
TxDOT held a public meeting today for the 7-mile section of I-35 which will serve both I-35 and I-14.

The plans are highly ambitious. TxDOT is finally planning to build a section of I-35 to the size actually needed. Yay!

The existing I-35 in this section has six main lanes and frontage roads on a mostly narrow (300ft) right-of-way.
The proposed facility has six express lanes, 8 regular lanes and frontage roads on a 500-foot-wide right-of-way. See page 14 in the presentation.

The schematics show only the proposed right-of-way width. The presentation says construction could start in 2030.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.