News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

For those of you who say "Pooing is cool".....

Started by 1995hoo, June 21, 2013, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molandfreak

Quote from: kphoger on July 08, 2013, 04:02:23 PM
By the way, who doesn't think pooing is cool?
The great Alan does and doesn't.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

hbelkins

I don't. It's a necessary bodily function; no more, no less. Is peeing cool too?

And in my world, it thunders. The sky never cracks a roo.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Quote from: hbelkins on July 08, 2013, 10:47:21 PM
I don't. It's a necessary bodily function; no more, no less. Is peeing cool too?

There is no greater feeling than peeing outside in the crisp morning air.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

J N Winkler

Quote from: Duke87 on June 24, 2013, 10:11:37 PM
Quote from: kphoger on June 24, 2013, 11:04:07 AMBut I squat instead of sitting probably every other time I poo.  I find that it straightens out the "tubes" better and makes for fewer danglers.

Yep. Back in the jungle we didn't have toilets to sit on and squatting was the natural way to poo. Our bodies are designed accordingly - things absolutely slide out better when you squat compared to when you sit. However, you can get much of the same effect by leaning forward and, if that's not enough, by lifting your knees up too.

My take on the "sitting versus squatting" debate:  it is not slam-dunk in favor of squatting.  It may straighten out the rectum and part of the descending colon, but it can also result in a much faster defecation, with far more intense muscle contraction, a more rapid increase in blood pressure to a higher level, and (paradoxically, given the claimed benefits of squatting) an enhanced likelihood of tenesmus.

I think diet is more of a factor than is perhaps appreciated by the health journalists who advocate squatting.  A person with a bad diet (lots of refined foods that produce dense stools) is probably better off squatting, while a person with a diet heavy in fruits, vegetables, and whole-grain cereals (very rich in soluble and insoluble fiber, which promote large and not very dense stools) is more comfortable in the sitting position and more likely to rise from the toilet with a feeling of full evacuation.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Scott5114

We actually wrote three pages on this topic, huh?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

1995hoo

Quote from: Scott5114 on July 11, 2013, 06:18:02 AM

We have a long way to go. Check out this legendary 42-page thread from another forum:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375921
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

bugo

kphoger

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 11, 2013, 07:51:25 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on July 11, 2013, 06:18:02 AM

We have a long way to go. Check out this legendary 42-page thread from another forum:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375921

Wow!  There are so many great quotes just from the first page of that thread!

Quote from: STEALTH-WRXso how do you apply it. put some dust in your hand and then pat your nuts?

Quote from: JGardwhen I apply...

heh, don't picture this!

I lay on my back, get all spread eagle style, and spray, pour, shake, whatever, the powder there....then gently pat into place

Quote from: pink-iWhat if it gets in your pee-hole?

Quote from: Neek
Quote from: Rebelious Youth
SWEET! I'm going to buy the blue bottle tonight. No more of that wimpy yellow bottle stuff.

Don't do it...step up to the green and stay there. Yellow is for pussies, and Blue is just plain nuclear nut-melting toxic junk-burner.

And, from Page 2:
Quote from: kenshiro
Quote from: Remy E. LeBeau
Has anyone taste tested it to make sure a chick can teabag ya without getting ill? I think these are things we should discuss....

Dude I was thinking the exact same thing, but I didn't say it cuz I didn't want to sound like a pervert.

So, yeah, we have a long way to go.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.