News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Highway Talk / Re: Pretentious street names
Last post by Quillz - Today at 05:16:17 AM
Thinking about it, I feel "Rim of the World Highway" might qualify. Pretty cool name for a mountain highway, but in reality the San Bernardinos are pretty modest in height, and a highway name like that would probably be better served in the Sierra Nevada, Rockies, or the Himalayas. And I don't really like "highway" being applied to two lane roads, although that's pretty standard in some places like Alaska.
Pacific Southwest / Re: Route 1/Rice Avenue in Oxn...
Last post by Quillz - Today at 05:12:33 AM
That line is active, too. I've been on it, it's part of the Coast Starlight or the Surfliner, there are stations in Camarillo and Oxnard, you'll pass over CA-1 along the way.
Pacific Southwest / Re: California
Last post by Quillz - Today at 05:10:37 AM
Quote from: TheStranger on April 16, 2024, 04:49:52 PM
Quote from: heynow415 on April 16, 2024, 11:41:43 AMThe original alignment through Oxnard and the section from Venice to east Long Beach doesn't win any prizes either.

Rice Avenue in Oxnard does have its legacy of "will this ever be signed as Route 1" (which took 15 years from when the reroute was announced in an article for future signing back in 2008, to late last year when it was finally marked on US 101) - the thread I started about it in 2012 highlights the entire saga https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=6208

I haven't been back in that area in a while to see if 1 shields are now actually on the avenue.

IIRC there's at least one planned spot where Rice will have a grade separation with Route 34...with a projected completion date of 2028.  (almost two full decades after signage was originally planned to move to the new routing)

The Rice realignment had been on the books as far back as the 1970s too.
I was there recently and there is still no CA-1 signage on Rice Avenue, all there is is a CA-1 shield on a BGS (and it's a horrible hack job, the shield doesn't line up with any elements at all). I've said before that CA-1 effectively disappears between the end of the freeway segment south of Oxnard to roughly the historic beginning of CA-1 at the Las Cruces Junction. There is almost no signage (although nowadays the little segment of PCH that parallels the freeway is pretty well signed), so navigation outside of GPS or paper maps can be hard.
Off-Topic / Re: 911 outage reported across...
Last post by In_Correct - Today at 02:37:45 AM
They did not help me any ways.
Off-Topic / Re: Changing one letter of a t...
Last post by Big John - Today at 02:18:37 AM
NAPSCAR - sleeping at the wheel.
Sports / Re: Arizona Coyotes players ap...
Last post by KeithE4Phx - Today at 02:10:15 AM
The sale to Utah Jazz owner Ryan Smith and relocation to SLC is expected to be approved by the NHL Board of Governors tomorrow.  At least the Coyotes went out with a win, beating Edmonton 5-2.

RIP, Arizona Coyotes (1996-2024).  A sad ending to a hard-luck franchise, with one bad owner after another. :no:

https://arizonasports.com/story/3546179/arizona-coyotes-sale-to-ryan-smith-expected-to-be-approved-by-board-of-governors-on-thursday/
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 01:42:46 AM
Let's get back to QC 138:

A-40 EB ends by Liliana Vess, on Flickr
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by TBKS1 - Today at 01:28:55 AM
Playing off the photo, QC 360 -> QC 138 -> AR 138 in Monticello (taken 12 March 2022)

Traffic Control / Re: 1-2-3 Route number Additio...
Last post by TBKS1 - Today at 01:25:18 AM
62 + 412 + 980 = 1454 in Harrison, AR. This can be replayed for 1457 if needed (though if a better option is available, I'd rather use it)

Picture taken on June 2nd, 2019

Weather / Re: The Wildfires thread
Last post by bing101 - Today at 01:20:54 AM
https://apnews.com/article/lahaina-fire-hawaii-report-e07c65633a377135e9163a6ec6aebdb3

Communications breakdown left authorities in the dark and residents without alerts amid Maui fire

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.