News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Illinois Road Videos

Started by Crash_It, October 24, 2021, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash_It

On my Youtube channel as the secondary type of video I upload. It is videos of roads that are similar to those of FWJ and others.All in 4K.  Here's one of my latest videos and I will be uploading a video of US Route 41 or one of an unmarked state road later in the week.

https://youtu.be/srZ7mq0Jh5E

Max Rockatansky

Didn't you already post this?  I seem to recall there was a closing comparison with how flat Illinois is compared to lewd acts at Denny's. 

Brandon

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 25, 2021, 01:03:53 AM
Didn't you already post this?  I seem to recall there was a closing comparison with how flat Illinois is compared to lewd acts at Denny's. 

In a bumpy world, Illinois is a AA cup.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 25, 2021, 01:03:53 AM
Didn’t you already post this?  I seem to recall there was a closing comparison with how flat Illinois is compared to lewd acts at Denny’s.

I posted it because the last thread I had was unfairly closed. In this one, I'm going to post road videos as I make them and no longer post the other dashcam videos I make.

Crash_It

Today at 1pm is the premiere of my video of US Route 41. A Super Four highway in Lake County commonly used as an alternative to the tristate tollway. Will it ever be built to a full freeway? Only time will tell.

https://youtu.be/ilBnTkuOCSc

Crash_It

Forgot to post this.... Here's a unique unmarked state highway

https://youtu.be/FJdpOquIOHo

Dougtone

Crash_It

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Crash_It on November 16, 2021, 06:17:32 PM
The world's most beautiful drive

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Illinois' most beautiful drive? Maybe.  But I can be on 30 more beautiful drives within an hour of my house.

Rothman

Quote from: jayhawkco on November 16, 2021, 06:41:29 PM

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Illinois' most beautiful drive? Maybe.  But I can be on 30 more beautiful drives within an hour of my house.
Psst.  This is Crash_It.  Some form of this complaint has been made over and over again and he doesn't care. 

Better to ignore his videos altogether.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on November 16, 2021, 10:25:46 PM

Psst.  This is Crash_It.  Some form of this complaint has been made over and over again and he doesn't care. 

Or give it a quick thumbs down, many do.

From what I've heard about the latest episode the video is taken basically at sundown and has a heavy amount of glare.  The huge ball of ionized gas coupled with massive windshield glare can be seen in the thumbnail for the video beforehand.  Clearly we are not dealing with the elite of driving tour videos. 

Crash_It

It's what Teddy Roosevelt said

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandview_Drive?wprov=sfla1

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2021, 10:30:04 PM

From what I've heard about the latest episode the video is taken basically at sundown and has a heavy amount of glare.  The huge ball of ionized gas coupled with massive windshield glare can be seen in the thumbnail for the video beforehand.  Clearly we are not dealing with the elite of driving tour videos.

1) that's called a filter that I put on the freeze frame as I was making the thumbnail.

2) I wanted to capture the sunset look and see how it would blend with the fall colors.
3) you obviously didn't get too far into the video because all those issues clear up.

JoePCool14

Ah, so Crash_It is the reason YouTube is hiding dislikes!

Emphasis mine.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Crash_It

Quote from: JoePCool14 on November 17, 2021, 12:43:13 PM

Emphasis mine.

To cut down on dislike attacks. My videos are no different from others in this field.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Crash_It on November 17, 2021, 04:24:32 AM

I'll be the one this time to say I will let your opinion be your opinion on this and if you really think that, you do you, but I'll also state that in my own opinion, it is absolutely not the most beautiful drive, or even one I would consider adding to my own list.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Crash_It

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 17, 2021, 05:36:20 PM

I'll be the one this time to say I will let your opinion be your opinion on this and if you really think that, you do you, but I'll also state that in my own opinion, it is absolutely not the most beautiful drive, or even one I would consider adding to my own list.
It's not my opinion, I'm riding off of what Teddy Roosevelt said and
It's similar to several stretches of road in your state.

Max Rockatansky

^^^

And yet the typical response you'll get is why your opinion is objectively wrong.

Quote from: Crash_It on November 17, 2021, 02:36:03 PM

Emphasis mine.

To cut down on dislike attacks. My videos are no different from others in this field.

Could it not be you just dug yourself an insurmountable hole in terms of having no credibility in the road world?  You brought all this negative attention onto yourself by your actions and attitude towards anyone who questions the things you do.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 17, 2021, 06:04:10 PM

Emphasis mine.

Could it not be you just dug yourself an insurmountable hole in terms of having no credibility in the road world?  You brought all this negative attention onto yourself by your actions and attitude towards anyone who questions the things you do.

We can all agree to disagree. Just because I explain and defend my actions doesn't make it a crime. I get falsely accused of things all the time. I mistook this forum as one where all dashcam videos can be shared and that was my mistake.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on November 17, 2021, 06:07:53 PM

Emphasis mine.

We can all agree to disagree. Just because I explain and defend my actions doesn't make it a crime. I get falsely accused of things all the time. I mistook this forum as one where all dashcam videos can be shared and that was my mistake.

Just because someone "can"  post videos and have "unique"  opinions doesn't merit automatic prestige nor absolve of critique.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Crash_It on November 17, 2021, 05:50:03 PM
It's not my opinion, I'm riding off of what Teddy Roosevelt said and
It's similar to several stretches of road in your state.

Uh, that's still an opinion, and I don't really care that it belongs to Teddy Roosevelt, because that makes it no more valid.

You keep missing that I have never said Minnesota is scenic. You keep coming with this attitude that I'm saying "Illinois bad, Minnesota good" because it's how you approach your own arguments. Minnesota is boring. It has two or three drives I actually enjoy, and the rest is boring. Most people would think MN 61 is boring compared to other stuff in the country.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

dlsterner

To be fair, there's a lot more scenic drives today than there were in 1910 when Teddy Roosevelt made that comment.

Max Rockatansky

:sombrero:
Quote from: dlsterner on November 17, 2021, 07:58:01 PM

To be fair, there's a lot more scenic drives today than there were in 1910 when Teddy Roosevelt made that comment.

Especially considering how much Teddy Roosevelt enjoyed hanging out in what is now National Park lands out west.  I would assume those park road networks would be high on his list for scenery.

hbelkins

Emphasis mine.

You didn't mistake it. AFAIK you are free to share any videos you like. But if you are showing videos criticizing the actions of others, it's reasonable to expect criticism of your own statements and actions.

Unless the moderators have contacted you privately and asked/told you not to share your "bad driving" videos; which, if so, is information to which the rest of us aren't privy.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: hbelkins on November 18, 2021, 08:53:49 AM

Emphasis mine.

You didn't mistake it. AFAIK you are free to share any videos you like. But if you are showing videos criticizing the actions of others, it's reasonable to expect criticism of your own statements and actions.

Unless the moderators have contacted you privately and asked/told you not to share your "bad driving" videos; which, if so, is information to which the rest of us aren't privy.

Also, having a clear illogical disdain for out of state drivers (particularly Wisconsin) doesn't exactly lend itself well towards having people take the OP seriously.  Example; your latest video title clearly shows a dislike for Michigan drivers.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.