Regional Boards > Mid-South

Port to Plains Corridor (I-27 extension) officially signed into law!

<< < (2/31) > >>

kphoger:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on March 16, 2022, 03:46:04 AM ---Fuck Boise City And Limon In Particular, Congress Says

--- End quote ---

True, it would have been nice to have Limon as a control city on two Interstates, not just one.

Plutonic Panda:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on March 16, 2022, 03:46:04 AM ---Fuck Boise City And Limon In Particular, Congress Says

--- End quote ---
It looks like according to some of those articles it will go through the Oklahoma panhandle as well unless Im misreading something.

--- Quote --- The Ports-to-Plains Corridor has been an effort for decades, working to open transportation and interstate infrastructure from Colorado across northeast New Mexico and the Oklahoma panhandle, through the Texas panhandle including Lubbock and Amarillo, south through west Texas connecting to Midland and San Angelo before finally connecting to Laredo at the Texas border.

--- End quote ---
- https://www.kcbd.com/2022/03/15/ports-to-plains-i-27-expansion-signed-into-law-with-federal-budget/

Henry:
I knew this would happen! If anything, I-27 would stand a far better chance of being built south of Lubbock than it would north of Amarillo, and good luck trying to punch a freeway through the middle of the latter city, unless a Jersey City-type situation would arise, where it would connect two distinct freeway sections via surface streets. Good luck figuring that one out.

roadman65:
Probably a re-Route would have to done in Amarillo. Looks like bypassing the city to the west would be an option.

Plutonic Panda:

--- Quote from: Henry on March 16, 2022, 12:26:41 PM ---I knew this would happen! If anything, I-27 would stand a far better chance of being built south of Lubbock than it would north of Amarillo, and good luck trying to punch a freeway through the middle of the latter city, unless a Jersey City-type situation would arise, where it would connect two distinct freeway sections via surface streets. Good luck figuring that one out.

--- End quote ---
I know the inevitable comments to come to this but guess what Id propose?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version