News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

The rain came pouring yesterday (dumping a ton in Everett) and cleared up the smoke. Now it's just the usual overcast with breathable air.

Wish we could keep it like this for all of eternity.

thspfc

We've had blue sky here yesterday and today for the first time in nearly two weeks. A combination of rain and thick haze made things gray for all that while. It's easily the longest we've gone between sunny days here in my lifetime.

CoreySamson

Today's a beautiful day in the Houston area, sunny with a few clouds, with highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

However, tomorrow all the way through midweek will be a slog, literally. TS Beta will come ashore soon in the Corpus Christi area and stick around the Texas coast until Wednesday. The Houston area could receive up to 10-15 inches of rain this week (all this reminds me of Harvey, does it not?); and my local area is where the biggest rainfall totals are expected. At least the high temperature won't be higher than 85 until next week.

Wish me luck.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

ghYHZ

A perfect last day of summer here.....sunny and temps around 18 (high '60s)......but batten down the hatches as Hurricane Teddy is heading right for us! It's near Bermuda now and will probably transition to Post Tropical when it reaches the Maritimes and Newfoundland on Tuesday and Wednesday.....but still with high winds and heavy rain.

STLmapboy

80 degrees and sunny. No real rain predicted for the next week.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

ozarkman417

I'm surprised that no one has posted here in almost a week.

For the first time in weeks, I will be receiving a good rain, up to two inches tonight. The Springfield, MO area is still in a drought, and it probably won't be going away anytime soon.

Max Rockatansky

Low 90s today with AQI in the 80s.  Seems the worst of Fire season is over, I went into more detail in the applicable thread. 

CoreySamson

I forgot to talk about Beta's impacts for me. According to my rain gauge, neighbor's rain gauges, and online sources, I deduce that about 5 inches of rain fell at my house during Beta. Tomorrow's going to be the first real cold front of the year, with highs in the mid 70s and lows dropping to the mid 50s by midweek.

My Route Log
My Clinches

US 89

My semi-annual TPMS light came on this week after we dropped into the low 50s, thanks to the cold front right behind Sally.

I was enjoying the cooler, drier weather that we'd been having since Sally, but Beta brought in a warm and muggy air mass much more typical of late summer. We actually got a surprising amount of rain from Beta - only an inch or so, but it was more than initially forecast and it made for an especially dreary couple of days. Yesterday was the first time I'd seen the sun in almost a week.

Tomorrow looks to be more of the same, then we get a cold front in the evening (with a chance of strong thunderstorms). After the storm moves through, it will start feeling much more like fall, with highs in the upper 60s and lows even falling below 50.

allniter89

88 now, heat index 96, 61 tonight then the next 5 days highs low 70s lows 50, that is going to feel so good!! Hoping this will be the end of the oppresive heat/humidity but probably not. Gulf water temp down to 78, this upcoming cool weather will probably lower the water temp more making tropical weather unlikely, altho technically the Hurricane season doesnt end til Nov 1. -"the end" :hmmm:
EDIT: ntac We are going to camp out in tents with a campfire to enjoy this cool weather
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Bruce

The smoke is predicted to come back. I panic bought a little air purifier.

US 89

Quote from: allniter89 on September 28, 2020, 04:41:39 PM
88 now, heat index 96, 61 tonight then the next 5 days highs low 70s lows 50, that is going to feel so good!! Hoping this will be the end of the oppresive heat/humidity but probably not. Gulf water temp down to 78, this upcoming cool weather will probably lower the water temp more making tropical weather unlikely, altho technically the Hurricane season doesnt end til Nov 1. -"the end" :hmmm:

Atlantic hurricane season doesn't officially end until November 30th.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Bruce on September 29, 2020, 02:49:06 AM
The smoke is predicted to come back. I panic bought a little air purifier.

My wife bought one and it seemed to help immensely this year with allergies.  Good thing too because the smoke is coming this way a little and sneezing sucks with a torn pectoral muscle. 

ghYHZ

I think we're still feeling the affects of Hurricane Teddy from the tropical air it pumped into the Canadian Maritimes. We had a sunny and warm weekend and still even today a high of 27 with a feel-like 33 (84F) from the humidity. It's been great to be sitting out on the deck well after dark on these warm evenings at the end of September!

But by the first of next week.....we'll be into the usual fall weather: sunny and around 15 (low '60s) ....and seeing some nice fall colours!

SEWIGuy

Quote from: ghYHZ on September 29, 2020, 12:05:14 PM
I think we're still feeling the affects of Hurricane Teddy from the tropical air it pumped into the Canadian Maritimes. We had a sunny and warm weekend and still even today a high of 27 with a feel-like 33 (84F) from the humidity. It's been great to be sitting out on the deck well after dark on these warm evenings at the end of September!

But by the first of next week.....we'll be into the usual fall weather: sunny and around 15 (low '60s) ....and seeing some nice fall colours!

You are a couple days behind us in NE Wisconsin.  Saturday night we put on the AC to get the humidity out of the house.  This morning we turned on the heat.

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

NWI_Irish96

It's sunny and Playoff Baseball degrees.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

CapeCodder

Wind Advisory. Fog and showery weather. It'll get boisterous towards dawn.

thspfc

Best weather of the year so far has come this week. 50s, 60s, 70s and sunny.

ozarkman417

The weather will be in the 80s for the next half week, then gradually dip down to the 60s. Fall foliage peaks in about 2-3 weeks here.

The drought here has been upgraded to a D3, and there is no rain in the forecast for a while.

Scott5114

Yeah, it's been warm and dry here too. My rain barrel is starting to empty out (I usually pull 2-4 gallons a week from it). Very unusual for this time of year; normally this is the time of year when the summer heat breaks and it starts to rain again. It's probably 'cause they canceled the Oklahoma State Fair due to covid, so we didn't have anything that needed to get rained out.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 09, 2020, 02:38:31 PM
Yeah, it's been hot and dry here too. My rain barrel is starting to empty out (I usually pull 2-4 gallons a week from it). Very unusual for this time of year; normally this is the time of year when the summer heat breaks and it starts to rain again. It's probably 'cause they canceled the Oklahoma State Fair due to covid, so we didn't have anything that needed to get rained out.

Corn harvesters are mighty happy to have a long series of dry days to get the job done, though, I bet!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

CoreySamson

Cloudy in the low 80s/high 70s and pretty windy due to Delta. My town recorded a gust of 35 mph or so.

The rest of the weekend figures to be hot and sunny, with highs at 90.

My Route Log
My Clinches

US 89

Very active day in and around Atlanta weather-wise, with multiple tornadoes and flash floods in the area.

I went to bed last night knowing we’d probably get some rain from Delta or what’s left of it, but it turned out to be far more exciting than that. Woke up this morning to find myself in the SPC’s slight risk area for tornadoes, and a tornado watch was issued early this afternoon. The storms were mostly concentrated along one of Delta’s rain bands that moved through early this evening, and there was a lot of rotation with them. The NWS office in Peachtree City issued 21 tornado warnings today, and the Greenville, SC office to our northeast issued a couple as well. So far at least 4 tornadoes have been reported in Georgia, including one that injured two people near Covington and another that caused structural damage to a high school in Newnan.

The tornadoes weren’t the whole story, though. Even after the main line of storms passed through, very heavy rain continued for a few more hours. All sorts of rivers and streams in the Atlanta metro have reached flood stage, and we’re still under a flash flood warning.

Although the tornadoes and probably the heaviest rain are done, we’re likely to get some more rain from Delta’s remnants tomorrow, and thanks to today’s storms it won’t take much to cause flooding issues tomorrow - so we’re now under a flash flood watch through tomorrow night.

Desert Man

Under 100F for the first time in almost 4 months here in the desert resort of Palm Springs area, clear skies and a dry wind, despite a chance of rain this weekend across California.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.