News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Delaware

Started by Alex, February 11, 2009, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

davewiecking

Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 08, 2023, 12:27:48 PM
(For DE 24)  CM/GC, North Millsboro Bypass, US 113 to SR24 has been awarded
Interchange of new bypass on US-113 underway. Surveyors flags and "this project funded by the bipartisan inflation reduction act" signs installed last week.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

2040 LONG RANGE TRANSPORTATION PLAN Public Workshop

Quote2040 LONG RANGE TRANSPORTATION PLAN
2 Sessions
12:00 PM to 2:00 PM, and from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM

Georgetown Public Library
123 W Pine St
Georgetown

Monday
April 29, 2024
4:30 PM to 6:30 PM

Workshop #1 - Dover Public Library
35 Loockerman Plaza, Dover, DE 19901
April 25, 2024 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM

Workshop #2 - Georgetown Public Library
123 W Pine St, Georgetown, DE 19947
April 29, 2024 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM, and from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM

Workshop #3 - Wilmington Public Library
10 E 10th St, Wilmington, DE 19801
April 30, 2024 from 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM

Workshop #4 - Virtual Online Meeting - Zoom
May 21, 2024 from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM

The Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) will hold three in-person Public Workshops and one virtual Public Workshop via Zoom to provide information on the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan. See workshop details above.

The Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) 'Connecting Everyone Everywhere' is a 20 year policy document that guides the investment of public transportation funds for the development  and implementation of Delaware's multi-modal transportation system. The Plan is updated every 5 years but may be amended subject to changes in Federal, State or local funding sources. The purpose of a Long Range Transportation Plan is to identify broad goals, policies and priorities that will serve as a framework for shaping DelDOT's transportation investments and decision-making over the next 20 years. The LRTP also provides the framework for the creation of DelDOT's 6-year Capital Transportation Program (CTP). The CTP includes all projects currently under construction or in various phases of engineering and design.

Making your voice heard during the development of the LRTP is an effective way to influence what types of transportation projects get funded and built in the future. We look forward to engaging with you to gather your comments and suggestions to help us provide a first class transportation system that helps to connect all Delawareans. DelDOT will be presenting information in the plan, the project's schedule, and ways to get involved.

74/171FAN

Baynard Boulevard and Washington Street Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements Public Workshop

QuoteTuesday
05/14/2024
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM

The Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) will be hosting a public workshop to kick-off the concept design process for Baynard Boulevard & Washington Street Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements. The proposed scope of the project includes a two-way separated bike lane and pedestrian safety improvements throughout the Baynard Boulevard and Washington Street corridor from Concord Avenue to 8th Street in Wilmington. This public workshop will introduce the scope of the project, present project challenges and constraints, and solicit public feedback about perceived deficiencies for walking and cycling through the project limits. The feedback will then be incorporated into a proposed concept plan for the project, which will be presented at a second public workshop in early summer.

This project builds upon the interim improvements of the Baynard Boulevard Reconfiguration project, which reduced Baynard Boulevard from 4 travel lanes to 2 travel lanes, a separated bike lane, and full-time parking using low-cost and quick implementation materials in late 2023. This project represents one of the major recommendations presented in the Wilmington Bike Plan: a separated bike lane on Baynard Boulevard.

The workshop will consist of a 30-45 minute formal presentation from the project partners at 6:15pm and an open-ended discussion afterwards where residents will have a chance to provide feedback on maps of the project limits and discuss their concerns or suggestions with the project partners and DelDOT staff.

Interested persons are invited to express their views in writing, giving reasons for support of, or opposition to, the proposed changes. Comments will be received at the workshop, or can be mailed to DelDOT Community Relations, P.O. Box 778, Dover DE 19903, or sent via email to dotpr@delaware.gov.

74/171FAN

Alex4897

Speed cameras are coming to the I-95 / SR 896 work zone. (Newark Post - free to read with login)

I can't say I'm surprised they're resorting to this. The recent speed limit drop to 55 in the work zone has been roundly ignored, and as much as I don't like the technology it seemed to make a difference in the Wilmington Viaduct work zone.
👉😎👉

MASTERNC

Quote from: Alex4897 on April 16, 2024, 02:23:31 PMSpeed cameras are coming to the I-95 / SR 896 work zone. (Newark Post - free to read with login)

I can't say I'm surprised they're resorting to this. The recent speed limit drop to 55 in the work zone has been roundly ignored, and as much as I don't like the technology it seemed to make a difference in the Wilmington Viaduct work zone.

Only wish they didn't add on all the "moving violation" fees to those tickets.  Heck, they even add those to E-ZPass violations.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.