News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

The last time you took a road trip out of state, where did you cross the state line into the neighboring state?  When you returned what road did you use to reenter your home state?

I left Florida on last Sunday using US 221.  I returned on Wednesday via US 231 from Alabama.  I drove over 2500 miles to do a road trip up to Memphis and back.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Last fall I entered Nevada via US 50.  I ended up returning to California via NV 28. 

sprjus4

Last weekend on a trip to Elizabeth City and Hertford to see progress on the S-bridge replacement project. Took US-17 both ways across the Virginia / North Carolina border.

jeffandnicole

The last time I left the state was yesterday.  Drove into Philly via the Ben Franklin Bridge (I-676), exiting at the base onto 5th.  Returning, I took the Walt Whitman, I-76.

A true roadtrip: I-295 across the Delaware Memorial.

dlsterner

A week ago took a road trip from Maryland to Maine and back.  Both leaving Maryland and returning to Maryland was on I-83 (one of the few duplications in my route - I normally do a circular route rather than take the same way both directions)

Beltway

VA-168 to NC-168 to NC-34 to secondary road to NC-343 to US-17 north.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

LM117

VA-86/NC-86. Most recent trip was this past Thursday. Our doctors are at Duke in Durham, NC, so we go that way often. We got two more trips to make this week.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

thspfc

dfilpus

webny99

Actually a somewhat interesting answer: crossed into VT via NY 313, then returned to NY via VT 9/NY 7.

hbelkins

Haven't been out of the state but once this year with me driving, when I drove up to see the new Portsmouth, Ohio bypass back in the winter. Left Kentucky on KY 10/OH 253 (Jesse Stuart Bridge at the Greenup Dam) and returned on the new Ironton/Russell Bridge.

Only other time was when I took my Amtrak trip to California. Left Kentucky on I-71/I-75 (Brent Spence Bridge) but flew back in to CVG.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jp the roadgeek

Went up to the Springfield area a few weeks ago.  Left and re-entered CT on I-91
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

webny99

Semi-related question: How many times per year would you normally leave your state?

I imagine it varies significantly, ranging from daily in places like the Philly and NYC areas, to maybe only a few times per year for people in the middle of a large state.

I am somewhere in between - far enough away from a state line that crossing one is a significant event, but not crazy; Ontario and parts of PA are well within day trip range. I guess maybe 20 times to Canada and 5-10 times to other states, so around 25-30 total occurrences of leaving NY state per year.

Beltway

Quote from: webny99 on October 19, 2019, 01:41:26 PM
Semi-related question: How many times per year would you normally leave your state?
Most years 3 to 6 times, VA-MD and VA-WV.

This year another 14 times so far VA-MD.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: webny99 on October 19, 2019, 01:41:26 PM

I imagine it varies significantly, ranging from daily in places like the Philly and NYC areas, to maybe only a few times per year for people in the middle of a large state.

I am somewhere in between - far enough away from a state line that crossing one is a significant event, but not crazy; Ontario and parts of PA are well within day trip range. I guess maybe 20 times to Canada and 5-10 times to other states, so around 25-30 total occurrences of leaving NY state per year.

These days since I live in Central California only about a dozen times.  When lived in Arizona I would leave the state well over 100 times a year during work travel. 

CtrlAltDel

Well, when I'm traveling between Chicago and Tennessee, I usually enter Indiana on I-80/I-94, but this last time, I took a more leisurely route, and entered on US-24/US-52.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

ozarkman417

Two months ago I took a trip to Kansas. I exited MO on I-435 (southern part of the loop) and re-entered on KS/MO 171 (two different routes but the same number).

1995hoo

If commuting counts, then it's I-395 both ways yesterday (October 18) via the HOV bridge in both directions.

If commuting doesn't count, then our trip to Toronto in June would be my most recent out-of-state trip. In both directions we used the Capital Beltway, but via different routes–left Virginia via the Woodrow Wilson Bridge on I-95/I-495 (heading to US-50 and the Bay Bridge) and returned via the American Legion Bridge on I-495 (coming from US-219/I-99/US-220/I-68/I-70/I-270).
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

GaryV

7/8

My last out-of-province drive was a weekend trip to Port Austin, MI. Both ways, I crossed the border on the Blue Water Bridge between Port Huron, MI and Sarnia, ON.

oscar

Not counting the road trip I'm on right now, I left Virginia on I-95 at the NC border, and returned on I-81 at the WV border. That was basically a triangular trip, to Florida and returning via Ohio.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

vdeane

I was out clinching routes in Westchester County last Sunday and dipped into CT a couple times; once via I-84 (well, its exit ramps technically) so I could turn around and photograph the new mile-based exit numbers, and again entering on US 1 before ducking back down to I-95 to return to NY.

As for the last time I spent a significant amount of time out of state (so no dipping in while clinching NY routes that touch the border) would be my trip to the Providence City Meet, entering and leaving MA on I-90.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

My last trip outside of Ohio was to Michigan, via US 23/223. Both ways.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.