News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: bm7 on December 24, 2022, 02:15:49 AM
I once heard a hip hop cover of ...

DO NOT.  I repeat:  DO NOT, ever, tell Alexa to play hip-hop Christmas music.  *shudder*
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

CHRISTMAS can be rearranged to spell MS CRASH IT.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 24, 2022, 11:14:27 PM

There is a layup joke that goes along with this post. 

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 24, 2022, 11:14:27 PM
Did you drink too much eggnog, Scott?  :-P
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

JoePCool14

This is the first time in the short history of this thread that someone has posted on Christmas Day (in CST at least).

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

LilianaUwU

Quote from: JoePCool14 on December 25, 2022, 01:15:04 AM
This is the first time in the short history of this thread that someone has posted on Christmas Day (in CST at least).
For that matter, your post is the first in EST.
—Mr. Thwomp

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: JoePCool14 on December 25, 2022, 01:15:04 AM

In CET the four previous posts to yours are on Christmas Day.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kkt

Merry Christmas to all and enjoy the midwinter holiday of your choice!

kurumi

To all those in law enforcement: Police Navidad
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

D-Dey65

Has anybody been having trouble with Historic Aerials tonight? A Long Island Motor Parkway enthusiasts' site had another contest where users take guesses about specific sites, and the latest one turned out to be Southern State Parkway during the widening of the parkway in the early-1950's.
https://www.vanderbiltcupraces.com/blog/article/mystery_friday_foto_51_a_construction_aerial#
This image is of a former parkway interchange sized entrance and exit for a New York State Police station, but because of the loss of contact with Historic Aerials, I can't find anything showing when these ramps existed:
https://www.vanderbiltcupraces.com/images/blog/TBPicture2.jpg

LilianaUwU

Quote from: D-Dey65 on December 25, 2022, 11:34:09 PM
Has anybody been having trouble with Historic Aerials tonight?
Yep, I and a few other people have been unable to access HA.
—Mr. Thwomp

Flint1979

skluth

Quote from: kurumi on December 25, 2022, 05:14:12 PM
To all those in law enforcement: Police Navidad

Was that the third or fourth Police album? I always get them mixed up after Zenyatta Mondatta.

Flint1979

The next time I see a Sam Bernstein commercial I am going to throw something at my TV.

Flint1979

Well that didn't take long, on my way to buy a new TV.

roadman65

Quote from: Flint1979 on December 27, 2022, 11:46:26 AM
The next time I see a Sam Bernstein commercial I am going to throw something at my TV.

Reminds me of a former Mays commercial in NY. 😂

Anyway, what is up with all the MMM locks lately?
Most threads locked are threads the troll hijacks and not one he started. Even the one created to keep his ideas in one place got closed for new posts which to me seems that it opens the door for the 23 year old know it all to hijack more threads to be closed later on.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Flint1979

Quote from: roadman65 on December 27, 2022, 12:15:48 PM

Most threads locked are threads the troll hijacks and not one he started. Even the one created to keep his ideas in one place got closed for new posts which to me seems that it opens the door for the 23 year old know it all to hijack more threads to be closed later on.
Yeah I don't get what the deal is with that guy. He seems to delete posts now after posting a ton the first few weeks he was here. I don't get what anyone gets out of being an internet troll.

roadman65

Quote from: Flint1979 on December 27, 2022, 12:18:31 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on December 27, 2022, 12:15:48 PM

Yeah I don't get what the deal is with that guy. He seems to delete posts now after posting a ton the first few weeks he was here. I don't get what anyone gets out of being an internet troll.

Trolls will not admit their trolls like crooks will not admit their crooks. :bigass:
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

D-Dey65

Quote from: LilianaUwU on December 25, 2022, 11:42:47 PM
Quote from: D-Dey65 on December 25, 2022, 11:34:09 PM
Has anybody been having trouble with Historic Aerials tonight?
Yep, I and a few other people have been unable to access HA.
Okay, I got it. Unfortunately, the oldest aerial map from 1966, and no topographic maps are showing the loop ramp to and from the police station.

kurumi

Here's a geeky Christmas hymn meme (improperly used, though; "Bart" in the middle panel is supposed to be reluctant to do it):

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

D-Dey65

My PC is screwing me up again. I took a butt-load of pics from my Folkston, Georgia road trip yesterday, which also included a brief detour into Waycross and Nahunta. Unfortunately, when I started to upload the pictures to an SD card, and then load them on a new file, it stated taking forever to load. I tried to pause it, but it took forever to pause. Then I tried to cancel it, and it's still taking forever to cancel. Now I'm trying to upload one batch of photos while the previous one is still cancelling.

paulthemapguy

Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 391/425. Only 34 route markers remain!

ZLoth

My 81 year old mother has been having some health issues, so the doctor has said that she is not allowed to drive... period. While purchasing a new car has improved in the past year, we made the decision to transfer the title and registration from her name to my name and remove her from my auto policy. So, now I'm the "owner" of two cars, although I will continue to drive my car when I'm solo, and drive her car when I'm chauffeuring her around or maintenance needs.

This past week, I visited the county tax office to do the title transfer, but her personalized plates are non-transferable. I'm electing to go with the generic non-personalized plates at this time, so the number they issued me starts with SFV. Oh dear... now I'm coming up with acronyms such as:

• Science Fiction Vehicle
  • Space Force Vehicle
  • A friend suggested "Sasquatch Finding Vehicle"
  • Star Finding Vessel
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.