News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Re: 2022 NCAA Tourney bracket challenge

Started by kendancy66, March 13, 2022, 06:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

My bracket took a hit near the end of the day. Predicted Memphis to go to S16 and predicted Arizona State to upset TCU. Dammit.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

CNGL-Leudimin

I really love those knock-out tournaments, especially when they are single match, because things like what Farleigh Dickinson did can happen. Or when a 3rd tier team gets all the way to the semi-finals like it has happened several times in European association football. I still remember when Virginia lost to UMBC, at the time I had a parallel bracket in which I replaced the teams with something else.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

1995hoo

I suppose FDU's win was encouraging: UVA has never failed to win the national championship the year after a #16 seed has beaten a #1 seed.

:bigass:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

epzik8

Two of my Final Four are already out.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Rothman

I will rise from the basement.

Or not.

Probably not.

Should get an award for coming in last.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Roadgeekteen

Freaking Princeton all the way to the S16. My champion is still in, I had Alabama.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JayhawkCO

Obviously I'm grumpy and bitter, admittedly, but when there are six players that have four fouls or more in one game, the refs have become more in charge of the game than the players.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 18, 2023, 10:23:16 PM
Obviously I'm grumpy and bitter, admittedly, but when there are six players that have four fouls or more in one game, the refs have become more in charge of the game than the players.
At least you won last year. Happy my champion Alabama is still in.

Rothman

Or players are getting more sloppy.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

CtrlAltDel

I don't know. The refs are supposed to be in charge of the game no matter how many fouls the players have.  :-D
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

JayhawkCO

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on March 19, 2023, 09:34:46 AM

I don't know. The refs are supposed to be in charge of the game no matter how many fouls the players have.  :-D

In charge of the result then.

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 19, 2023, 09:43:47 AM
Quote from: CtrlAltDel on March 19, 2023, 09:34:46 AM

In charge of the result then.

I know what you meant of course. It was just a little joke on my part.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

NWI_Irish96

My "glass half full" take: your team can't choke in the postseason if they aren't in the postseason.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

JayhawkCO

At least I don't feel ours was a choke. Arkansas is good and I was nervous about them when the bracket was released. Also, this year seems so wide open with no super obvious favorites. In years past, we've been the clear favorites and choked for sure (Northern Iowa, VCU, etc.).

Roadgeekteen

Yikes what an embarassing moment for FAU. Still rooting for them vs Tennessee though (picked Duke so no bracket implications).

NWI_Irish96

3rd in points right now, but still have 7 of my Elite Eight and my entire Final Four left so not too bad all things considered.

Rothman

I'm still amazed that I still have so many potential points compared to those above me in the ranks.  Doubly so, since my approach to this bracket was quite experimental (eh, let's just go by stats as I see fit...).

jlam

Heading into the Sweet 16, I'm currently tied in 4th with WillReaver and jeffandnicole, but I have a bunch more max points. Most of us still have a shot at first. Congrats to ran4sh for having one of the best brackets in the nation

thspfc

I'm second to last. Nice. Though I still have my champion (Alabama) and runner-up (Texas), plus Houston in the elite 8.

Henry

Hooray for my Bruins still being in it! I see them going all the way, if everything goes right for them.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Henry on March 21, 2023, 09:48:54 PM
Hooray for my Bruins still being in it! I see them going all the way, if everything goes right for them.

No strong feelings about UCLA one way or the other, but if they win it all I win some $$$ so go Bruins!

Hunty2022

All 1 seeds are out, and only one bracket on the group has its winner still in. (Gonzaga)
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Roadgeekteen

Texas is the only 2 seed still in

Henry

Thanks to Gonzaga's win, my bracket is now worthless.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Rothman

Hey, I am no longer in last place!  And my pick for champion is the last standing.

Everything's coming up Rothman!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.