News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Un-constructed CA 235

Started by Max Rockatansky, July 08, 2019, 11:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I did some looking into the un-constructed route of CA 235 north of Stockton fairly recently.  The planned route of what would be known as CA 260 was adopted as LRN 260 in 1959.  Even on the 1960 State Highway Map City Insert the planned route of LRN 260 appears over what is now Hammer Lane between CA 99 west to I-5.  CA 235 was designated over LRN 260 during the 1964 State Highway Renumbering.   Apparently the traverseable route of CA 235 was listed by Caltrans as Eight Mile Road instead of Hammer Lane.  This appears to the case due to Hammer Lane not extending west from Thorton Street to I-5 until circa 1977-1980.  Despite San Joaquin County losing interest in a State Highway over Hammer Lane the planned route of CA 235 still exists on the books.  For reference Hammer Lane west of CA 99 to Thorton Street is part of Signed County Route J8 which was designated in 1960.

https://www.gribblenation.org/2019/07/unbuilt-california-state-route-235.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.